Listen to this article
After Diwali, Bhai Dooj is another festival to indulge in desserts and sweets. However, if you’re tired of overindulging in sweets, we’ve got a few healthy dessert recipes for you that you can consume on without worrying about gaining weight. Additionally, these are ideal for anyone with a sweet tooth! Make sure you eat them in moderation.
So, here are 3 healthy dessert recipes for Bhai Dooj celebrations.
Creamy Peanut Butter- 250 gm
Crushed Dark Chocolate- 200 gm
Flour- 100 gm
Brown Sugar- 300 gm
1. Set aside 60 gm of each of the chocolate and creamy peanut butter. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius and use baking paper to line a 25 cm square baking pan. Stirring occasionally, slowly heat the remaining creamy peanut butter, chocolate, and sugar in a frying pan until the sugar is almost melted. The mixture should be re-settled into a dish to chill.
2. Pour pre-melted creamy peanut butter over the brownie after melting it in a frying pan or the microwave on medium for 1 minute. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top has a layer but the centre appears slightly underbaked.
3. Spread pre-made chocolate over the brownie, melt it, and let it cool in the dish before cutting it into squares.
1 cup oats
2 cups toned milk
1 tsp elaichi (cardamom) powder
1 carrot, grated
Jaggery to taste
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp Ghee
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp soaked chia seeds
1. In a pan over medium heat, roast the pistachios, almonds, and walnuts. Use your mortar and pestle to pound them into coarse chunks once they’re crispy and red. Place aside.
2. Add the milk, half a cup of water, and elaichi powder to another pan and bring to a boil.
3. Now include the jaggery and oats. Till the oats swell, boil the mixture. Add the shredded carrot and heat the mixture until it achieves the required consistency. Cut the heat off.
4. Scoop the mixture into a bowl, top with flax, chia, pomegranate, raisins, and desiccated coconut, and savour the goodness.
Ingredients you’ll need:
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup cubed watermelon
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
¼ cup whole chia seeds
Fruit of your choice
1. In a blender, combine coconut milk, almond milk, and watermelon on high speed until fully smooth.
2. Pour into a large bowl or other suitable glass container. Stir thoroughly after adding the maple syrup and chia seeds.
3. After another three minutes of sitting, stir the mixture once more, cover it, and refrigerate it for an hour or overnight.
4. Before serving, top with any colourful fruit of your choice, such as berries, bananas, apples, or oranges. You may also add almonds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, or anything else you feel like experimenting with.
Happy Bhai Dooj!
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker