Listen to this article
The festival of Bhai Dooj comes with gifting sweets and savoury snacks, apart from gorging on goodies. If you’re getting a home full of guests on this festival, we suggest you indulge in a homemade touch to this sweeten this ritual. Surprise your brother with your brother by making a unique, but healthy Apple Halwa recipe.
Apples are on of the healthiest fruits. Being a high fibre fruit, it aids digestion and supports a healthy immune system, apart from lowering high cholesterol and maintaining blood pressure.
Halwa, let us remind you ladies, is made in ghee! And ghee is a rich source of vitamins, common minerals and healthy fats.
Halwa is one of the traditional foods infused that can be made with multiple ingredients ranging from fruits, vegetables and food grains. In this recipe by online recipe hub Hebbar’s Kitchen, there is an innovation and healthy transition to the sweet and our charming apples. And this super easy recipe can be made in no time.
The recipe begins with grating the apple finely which is later crystallized and cooked in sugar syrup. You can even add milk or khoya that gives a creamy texture. In addition, it is cooked with a generous amount of ghee which makes it a perfect flavoured Indian dessert recipe.
You can boost the combination of apple flavour with ghee and kesar in it. Perhaps it accounts for one of the ideal desserts to serve to guests!
2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
8 cashew (halves)
¼ cup sugar (add more if required)
¼ tsp saffron food color
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
1. Firstly, cut the apples and grate. You can alternatively blend to smooth paste.
2. In a large kadai, heat 2 tbsp ghee and roast 8 cashew.
3. Roast to golden brown on low flame, keep aside. Add in grated apple and mix well.
4. Keep stirring until the juice from apple is released.
5. Continue to cook until the mixture thickens and softens.
6. Further, add ¼ cup sugar. You can increase the amount of sugar to your choice.
7. Also, add ¼ tsp saffron food coloUr (if you want) and mix well.
8. Keep stirring and the sugar dissolves.
9. Cook on medium flame, until the halwa thickens. Further, cook until the halwa separates from the pan.
10. Now add 1 tsp vanilla extract, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder and fried cashews. Mix well.
Finally, enjoy apple halwa garnished with more cashew.
There are plentiful ingredients that you can combine to make the halwa, but to give a nutritious and flavoursome touch, you can always rely on this recipe.
Give your brother a wholesome sweet this Bhai Dooj!