’Tis the season of baking! Whether or not you are a fan of Christmas and New Year festivities, you can’t deny that the chilly winter weather is perfect for baking some warm delicacies. And what can be better than baking bread?
Now we are not talking about baking some maida-laden monstrosity. No siree! We’re talking about pumpkin bread, which is bursting with the health benefits of this sweet veggie.
Pumpkins are rich in vitamin C, potassium, beta carotene, and tons of other antioxidants. What’s more? This veggie is also touted to be a superfood for those who have diabetes and hypertension.
But what makes this pumpkin bread recipe oh-so-healthy is that it has no sugar! Maple syrup and stevia lend sweetness to this bread, while soya chunks powder and whey powder build the texture. All of this together, makes this pumpkin bread a low-calorie treat that is also rich in protein.
So, are you ready to learn how to make this pumpkin bread recipe? Let’s begin:
Calories: 76.1 kcal
Protein: 6.4 grams
Fat: 2.5 grams
Carbs: 7 grams
100 gm pumpkin puree
50 gm soya chunks powder
50 gm all-purpose flour
2 whole eggs
10 gm butter
1 scoop vanilla whey
20 gm maple syrup
20 gm stevia powder
10 gm chopped walnuts
10 gm choco chips
10 gm raisins
1/4 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tbsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
10 gm coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Beat whole eggs in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients, except walnuts and choco chips – one by one and beat well.
3. Grease the loaf tin with some butter. Pour the mixture into the tin and garnish it with walnuts and choco chips
4. Place it in the centre of the oven and bake it for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven settings.
5. Check with a toothpick or fork by inserting it in the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean then your bread is done.
Ta-da! Your delicious pumpkin bread is ready! Yes, it’s that easy!