With everybody getting so diet conscious, they are constantly looking for some healthy dietary options! And we can’t simply ignore oats. One of the world’s healthiest grains is oats. They include significant amounts of essential vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants and are a gluten-free whole grain. According to studies, oats and oatmeal have numerous health advantages, including decreased blood sugar levels, weight loss and a lower risk of heart disease. A study, published by the PubMed central and concurrently presented by at the Royal society of Chemistry, oats are also capable of reducing bad cholesterol levels.
Now that we know about the benefits of oats, let us see how we can add it to our food in interesting ways.
Priyanka Neil Mhatre, popular by the name @the_pink_kettle, shared this recipe via an Instagram post. She adds healthy oats to this yummylicious recipe.
This delicious creamy chocolaty smoothie bowl is best for breakfast after it is garnished with fresh bananas, pumpkin seed and chia seeds for added crunch and nutrition. This bowl of goodness comes together in 10 minutes and is so simple to make!
Preparation time – 10 minutes
1/2 cup banana
1/2 cup instant oats
1 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs coco powder
2 tbs honey
1/2 cup milk
* In a bowl, add banana, instant oats, chia seed, cocoa powder, honey and lastly add milk.
* Blend it and serve it in a bowl.
* Garnish with banana, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and enjoy!
Who doesn’t like pancakes? What if they are healthy too? When your favourite food is available in a healthy way, it’s a total win-win situation, isn’t it? Nutritionist Nidhi Gupta aka @fitnesswithnidhi on Instagram, shared a tasty and a healthy recipe of oats pancake.
Serving size – 3
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
2 small bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tblsp olive oil
1 tblsp honey
Room temperature milke – 1/2 cup and you can add more to adjust consistency
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Dark chocolate chips
* Blend all the ingredients to form a smooth batter.
* Now, add the batter to the greased pan.
* Use 1/4th cup for pouring the batter, so there’s a uniform quantity.
* This batter can give you 10-12 small pancakes
Also read: Eat oatmeal in these 4 ways if weight loss is on your mind
This uttapam are a very easy and healthy for either breakfast or a light lunch. They’re quick to make and taste really good. A bonus point? They are kid-friendly too. Karishma Mehta, who is on Instagram as bowledoverbykari, shared her recipe of oats rava uttapam.
1 cup oats
1 cup rava (semolina)
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup water
1 small onion diced
1 small tomato diced
1/2 capsicum diced
2 green chillies diced
1 tsp minced ginger
Coriander to taste
Salt to taste
* In a bowl mix together the oat, semolina and water. Set aside for 30 minutes.
* After 30 minutes, add in the onion, tomato, yogurt and salt and mix together till you get a pouring consistency.
* It shouldn’t be too thick or too thin.
* Heat a pan and add a little oil and the batter in round disk shape.
* Cook for 10 minutes till crisp on the other side, then flip it and cook for another 10 minutes.
* Serve hot with chutney or coconut chutney.
* Try these healthy oat recipes and make your breakfast interesting and different everyday.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker