A cup of cinnamon water a day can keep the weight gain away. Here’s how you can brew itUpdated on: 17 November 2019, 21:28 pm IST
I always thought that only exotic foods from fancy supermarts can keep me in shape. But over the years I have realised that everything I need to be hale and hearty is actually in my kitchen.
Better late than never right? And all the credit goes to my mom, whom I caught drinking cinnamon water one morning. Later, I got to know that she got this recipe from her nani, who used to sing praises about the health benefits of this cinnamony concoction.
After that, I was sold and I quickly learnt the recipe from my mom, and introduced it in my morning routine. And I have been in love ever since.
It’s simple, it’s quick, and for me, the results were better than I could ever imagine. It helped me lose weight, thanks to its metabolism-boosting properties. Here’s how you can prepare this cinnamon concoction:
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
500 ml warm water
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp raw honey
1. In a vessel, add the water, cinnamon powder, and grated ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil and turn off the heat.
2. Let the mixture cool down a little, after which pass it through a sieve.
3. Add honey and lemon juice. Now stir and sip.
Here’s what this glorious concoction did for me
I take this concoction on an empty stomach, every morning without fail. I saw a difference in just a couple of weeks. Here’s why this cinnamon brew is so beneficial for you:
1. Cinnamon keeps blood sugar in check, which ultimately helps me lose weight.
2. Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and hence it protects the body from free radicals.
3. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties which help with tissue repair. Since I work out rigorously every day, this was a boon for me.
4. Cinnamon also reduces the level of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the body, thus cutting down the risk of heart diseases and type 2 diabetes.
So no more exotic superfoods for me! My kitchen has everything I need to keep me fit. And I’ve got my mom and cinnamon to thank for that.