Try this chia seeds-base detox water to boost your health
Chia seeds are the embodiment of ‘size doesn’t matter’ because they can truly provide your health with the boost it needs! Garnering considerable fame in the fitness world, chia seeds are increasingly being recognised for their nutritional value.
They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein, calcium, and magnesium.
No wonder that chia seed has numerous health benefits and adding it to your diet can prove to be very beneficial! The best way to do so is to make a detox drink using chia seeds. The other star ingredient of this detox drink should be lemon, which is another superfood known for its health benefits.
Here’s how lemon can help you detox:
- Lemons are packed with antioxidants.
- It helps promote hydration. Hence, it is great for detoxification.
- Lemons are a good source of vitamin C which helps build strong immunity.
- Lemons help to lose weight.
- It is also good for balancing pH levels.
Here’s the recipe for a chia seed detox drink:
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Add the chia seeds to a bowl. Next, add water to it.
- Now, add mint leaves, lemon juice, and honey to the bow. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ensure that all the ingredients are properly mixed. You should have a gel-like liquid by the end of this process.
Now, drink it up!
Here are the benefits of chia seeds detox water:
- Being high in fibre, it can boost your digestion and can improve bowel movement.
- Chia can improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar level.
- Chia seeds are rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 fatty acids, essential for a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Chia seeds are rich in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Therefore, they’re great for bone health.
- A fibre-rich detox drink is linked with weight loss.