Being able to fight obesity or losing weight have a lot to do with your daily habits. But the metabolism rate of your body also plays a part. If your metabolism is slow, you will naturally find weight loss harder. Eating the right, consuming the appropriate drinks and indulging in the best exercises can help you fix it. Let us tell you about healthy drinks to boost metabolism.
Excess weight can affect various aspects of our health – from reproductive and respiratory function to memory and mood. As per Harvard TH Chan, obesity also increases the risk of diseases or health conditions including diabetes and heart disease. Therefore, it is important to deal with slow metabolism to lose weight faster.
It can be quite frustrating to sweat it out and not achieve your weight loss goal quickly. It may be due to slow metabolism, which depends on factors, including genetics, age and muscle mass, says Dr Ankit Potdar, Consultant – General and Laparoscopic Surgery, SRV Hospitals, Goregaon, Maharashtra.
While some people may naturally have a slower metabolism, overall lifestyle factors such as diet, exercise and sleep also play a significant role. Making healthy lifestyle choices can help to maintain or improve metabolism, the expert tells Health Shots. Here are some drinks to speed up metabolism:
There is a reason why green tea and weight loss go hand-in-hand. It has catechins, which are antioxidants known to boost metabolism. Drink a cup or two of green tea every day so that you can enjoy the benefits of green tea.
Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water and drink it before eating. Doing this may help to increase fat burning and reduce appetite so, you won’t reach out for unhealthy snacks.
Lemons are full of nutrients which are good for our body. Among various things, they are rich in vitamin C and so, may help to improve metabolism and support detoxification processes in the body.
Select Topics of your interest and let us customize your feed.PERSONALISE NOW
Ginger can add flavour to your dishes and also work wonders when you catch cold. It has thermogenic properties, which means it can slightly increase body temperature and in turn boost metabolism, says Dr Potdar. Have it with tea to reap the benefits.
This fermented drink made from tea, sugar, and a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast, is rich in probiotics, and antioxidants. It aids in detoxification and promotes enhanced digestion. It ultimately, contributes to an increased metabolism.
Apart from these drinks to boost metabolism, there are certain foods and drinks that you may want to limit or avoid if you want to avoid slow metabolism.
• Sugary drinks can lead to weight gain and metabolic problems. So have water, unsweetened tea or black coffee instead.
• Refined carbohydrates like white bread, white rice, pasta, and pastries can cause rapid spikes in blood sugar levels and can contribute to weight gain and metabolic issues.
• Trans fats often found in processed foods like fried foods and baked goods can have negative effects on metabolism.
• Highly processed foods like chips, cookies, fast food and packaged snacks are typically high in calories, unhealthy fats, added sugars, and sodium, all of which can negatively impact metabolism.
• Excessive alcohol consumption can interfere with normal metabolic processes and contribute to weight gain.
A balanced diet, rich in whole foods and adequate nutrients, is what you need to maintain a healthy metabolism.