Listen to this article
Your green salad is incomplete without the crunch of these leaves, and they add a punch to your wraps, burgers, sandwiches and rolls! They are quintessential when it comes to salads to wraps and also rolls. Besides their bright and lovely colour, there are many health benefits of lettuce leaves.
Lettuce was initially originated from Egypt and later went around throughout the world. There are different types of lettuce and also come in different colours,
starting from light green to green to deep red and purple. Also remember, the darker the lettuce, greater the nutrient content.
This popular salad plant is a great source of antioxidants. They protect the cells from free radical damage and boosts our immunity as well. They also have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties by having antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin and also quercetin.
It has a good amount of fiber which helps in preventing constipation. These are also very low when it comes to calories which helps with people who are planning on weight loss.
Lettuce has certain amount of calcium which helps with
the bone health, helps muscles to contract and also
helps with blood clotting mechanism.
One of the health benefits of lettuce leaves includes the fact that it is a rich source of potassium which generally helps with the cardiovascular health.
It is nutrient dense by offering a lot of vitamins and minerals on the plate. The vitamin A available in the form of beta carotene in lettuce leaves, helps with the eye vision. And vitamin C helps to fight against flu, cold and cough.
It has good water content and helps in replenishing thirst. And also does not contain any fat or cholesterol.
It’s a good source of folate which helps in pregnancy by preventing neural tube defects and also keep check with the homocysteine levels in our body.
* It is always advisable to have it fresh.
* Include the whole head of lettuce, fresh and
* Do not consume in excess if you’re on blood thinning
Paneer: 50 g
Bell peppers: ½ bowl
Cabbage: ½ bowl
Cucumber: 1 tbsp
Tomato: 1 (chopped)
Onion: 1 (chopped)
Lettuce: 200 gm
Garlic: 1 tsp
Olive oil, green chillies, salt, pepper powder, sour cream and lemon juices.
* In a pan, pour some oil and add in some garlic, and stir fry. Add in some bell pepper and paneer as well. When it’s cooking add some pepper, chilli powder and salt. Keep it aside.
* Chop cabbage, cucumber, onions, tomato, and lettuce. And now add the stir fried ingredients and the chopped ingredients together.
* Now make the dressing mixture with all the ingredients and mix them well.
* Now mix everything.
* Take some lettuce in the shape of cups and add some mixture on it and serve.
This makes a healthy and tasty nutrient-dense salad or cups which can be given as a great snack.