Listen to this article
There’s a lot you need to do, if you want to achieve consistent weight loss! To begin with, try and shake up your exercise regimen from time to time to step up your weight loss game. Practicing the same yoga poses every day won’t really do much for you, if you want to shed that unnecessary flab – you need to give your body that extra push!
We’ve spoken earlier about various yoga poses for beginners that’ll help them kickstart weight loss. Today, we are telling you about a ‘wonder pose’ that might be a little advanced but promises fab results!
Ladies, give it up for chakrasana or wheel pose: a yoga pose that will help you scoop out all that unnecessary fat in your body. And we have with us yoga guru, Grand Master Akshar who’ll teach us how to do this pose the right way!
So, let’s get down to doing the chakrasana…
If you’ve never done this, fret not: we’ll take you through this step by step. To begin with, lie down on a mat. There are some people who begin the pose from the standing position, but as a beginner, you must avoid that.
Here’s how you can master the chakrasana, or wheel pose:
1. Lie straight on your back. Next, bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet near your butt. Your feet should be hip distance apart.
2. Bend your elbow and bring your palms overhead under your shoulders. Your fingers should be pointing towards your feet.
3. Press into your palm and slowly lift your hip and upper body. All the pressure will be on your palms and feet.
4. Slowly try and lift your body as much as you can, to form an arc. You can be on your toes to perform this better.
5. Hold this pose for 5 to 10 seconds. Now, slowly bend your arms and place your soles on the ground. Gently lower down your body, and lie comfortably on the mat.
Try and do the pose 5-6 times, and then as you get better, you can keep adding more reps to the set!
Chakrasana will help you burn fat from head to toe
Since the wheel pose engages all the muscles in your body, from head to toe, expect this to be a complete fat-blasting workout! What’s more, this pose accelerates your metabolism to a whole new level, which means you’ll burn many more calories than you ever have. A study published in the Journal of Physical Therapy Science attests that twelve weeks is all you need to boost your metabolism, just by doing the wheel pose!
Apart from that, chakrasana will help you tone your stomach, back, legs, arms, and shoulders, and strengthen your muscles like no other.
Yoga guru, Grand Master Akshar explains, “This pose is a one man army. It also helps in improving digestion, which is critical for weight loss. And as it opens up your lungs, your body can take in more oxygen, which will also keep stress levels in check. But before doing this pose, ensure you do a proper warm up to avoid injury.”
All in all, this yoga pose is your gateway to weight loss. So, are you ready to try it?