Here’s how a low-impact exercise plan can help you with serious weight loss
Before we tell you how to utilise low-impact exercises, it is essential to understand that they do not mean less weight loss. You can lose as much weight as you want with a low-impact workout plan.
According to fitness expert Robin Behl from Tribe, low-impact exercises are more focused and controlled. Every movement doesn’t just target the necessary areas, but also prevents injuries.
He says, “Low-impact exercises set you up for higher fitness levels in the future. They prevent injury and other problems that are prevalent in HIIT workouts.”
Bhel suggests people to work on strengthening, isolating, and burning calories with a low-impact workout schedule. The good news is that a low-impact workout is a great place to start for beginners.
Here is a wholesome low-impact workout plan that can help you out
1. Walk – This can be on-the-spot walking. You can do five reps for one minute each and take a 15-second break in between each of them.
2. Squats – You really don’t have to go that deep. Do them for 30 seconds and do five sets. Take a break of 10 seconds.
3. Side lunges – Lean as much as you can towards the side. Don’t be shy in taking support. Do at least 15 reps and five sets with each leg.
4. Hip bridge – A minute’s hold is a must, and repeat it after a 15-second break. Do five such sets.
Also, read: 5 tips to control your portion size for massive weight loss
5. Plank – Hold the plank for a minute, and do five sets. Don’t extend your break for more than 15 seconds.
6. Wall push-ups – Since it is a simple way to tone your arms, do as many as you can in a minute. Take a 10-second break and repeat. Do five such sets.
7. Low speed skater – Do it with your timer on for 60 seconds. Take a 15- second break and repeat. You should do three sets of this exercise.
8. Low-impact jumping jacks – It’s just about moving your toe later. Do it for 60 seconds and do two such sets.
9. Squat and shadow punches – Do four jabs then squat, hold your squat and do four jabs, and rise up. Now repeat. Do 20 squats and four sets.
10. Lateral shuffle – A minute-long lateral shuffle in both directions is a good idea. Four such sets are enough.
These are some really cool benefits of low-impact exercises
1. Of course, it’s a blessing for your knees and muscles. Plus, there are very low chances of getting an injury.
Also, read: Heard of the 12-3-30 treadmill workout? If not, it’s time to learn this viral weight loss mantra
2. It forms a great foundation, if you want to engage in an intense fitness regime later.
3. It builds more awareness, when it comes to movement and your body.
4. It helps in achieving well-defined muscles.
5. You can sustain a low-impact workout plan for longer hours. And that means, better results!