Listen to this article
It was in 2020 that we learnt the most important lessons of our life: health is wealth. It isn’t that we hadn’t heard this phrase countless times before, but it was the year of the pandemic that reinforced this belief in us. Of course, we spent a lot of our time making banana bread and dalgona coffee, but at the same time, we made sure fitness was a priority. As gyms remained shut, we had no choice but to find ways to innovate our exercise routine!
Keeping that spirit alive, today we are going to suggest one of the most effective HIIT workouts for your core. You no longer have excuses to make, because this will take just 15 minutes of your time. Plus, you don’t need any equipment.
Although this workout focuses on your core, it’s also going to impact some other muscles in your body. So, are you ready to get started?
Before every workout, make sure to do a little warm-up by spot jumping and doing some easy stretches. It will raise your heart rate and help your body transition into complex moves with much ease.
Now, let’s introduce you to this HIIT workout
After your warm-up, get ready for the intense HIIT workout with this move.
1. Stand with feet just a little wider than shoulder-width apart, toes slightly turned out, and hands right in front your chest.
2. Move your hips back and bend knees to drop down to a squat position.
3. Straighten legs to return to standing position, keeping your chest lifted and back straight.
4. Immediately step the right foot back and bend knees to 90 degrees to drop down to a lunge position.
5. Push through the left heel to return to standing, then immediately step left foot straight back and bend knees to 90 degrees to drop down to a lunge position.
6. Do this at least 5-6 times, and as fast as possible.
This move is amazing to get rock-solid abs!
This exercise is ideal to work out your abs, gluteus medius and the adductors. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
1. Start on your hands and knees.
2. Keep your back flat, and use your core to lift your knees off the ground a few inches.
3. Step hands and feet to the left twice, then step hands and feet to the right twice.
4. Repeat this 5-6 times.
This is an effective exercise to strengthen your back muscles.
1. Lie facedown on a mat, arms fully extended in front of you, palms up.
2. Squeeze your glutes and simultaneously lift arms, legs, and chest off the floor.
3. Bend both elbows, pulling hands down past your ears, while actively using your lats to pull down your shoulders.
4. Pause for a moment, then return arms back to their starting position.
5. Repeat 5-6 times.