Our favourite dimpled-smile actress Preity Zinta is totally slaying it in her latest Instagram post. The core-licious move she is inspiring us with is a version of the glute bridge which is known to strengthen the core.
Through her post, Preity is making everyone aware of the importance of having a strong core. Honestly, we totally agree with her. The thing is that if your core is strong, you will be able to pull off any kind of exercise from yoga to HIIT. What’s more, having a strong core helps you avoid stagnation and maintain a healthy body.
If you’ll look at the Instagram post closely, you’ll notice that Preity has combined two moves. She starts with a glute bridge and eventually gets into a jumping jack. Here’s the correct way of practising this powerful move to reduce injury risk and maximise the benefit:
1. Lie down on your back and bend the legs at the knees while ensuring your feet press into the ground.
2. Lift your hips as high as you can. Ensure that your entire back is off the ground.
3. Hold this for a couple of seconds and then get back to the position you started with.
4. Once you’re in the original position, open your legs and place your feet sideways. Preity is seen using a resistance band which can be helpful to you as well.
5. Next, get back to the original position and prepare for a repetition!
If you’re looking at firming up your core, you need to put in that hard work when performing this move. If you are a beginner, do at least 20 repetitions and 4 such sets. Those of you who are at the intermediate level can do 30 repetitions and 4 sets. For those of you who are at the advance level, doing 40 repetitions and 5 sets can be really beneficial.
Don’t go by its name because this move doesn’t just shape up that butt but also contributes to tightening your tummy and toning the lower back. What’s more, it keeps your digestion in check!
Basically, when you contract and retract your core, the heat generated burns fat. The contraction and relaxation also impact the muscles which become tighter, giving you a flat tummy. The addition of the leg move by Preity is perfect because it pumps up the lower abdomen muscles. Overall, this move ensures that your core receives a powerful workout.
According to yoga expert Grand Master Akshar, the bridge pose has multiple benefits because it doesn’t just tighten the muscles but also regulates the flow of energy in your body.
Learn the art of working out for a perfect core from Preity Zinta!