Yes, we are aware that you know everything about boat pose and how to do it. But the thing is do you know the simplest way to make that perfect V? Looks like we just caught you! That’s why it makes it all the more essential that you check out this pose shared by Shilpa Shetty on her Instagram, where she is teaching how to do a boat pose or naukasana in the simplest possible way.
Want to know the secret mantra to perform boat pose with perfection? Then read on.
“If there’s no wind, row” is a Latin proverb, which means if you are trying to do something worthwhile and it feels unattainable, don’t panic. Good things take time to happen. Performing the Naukasana also feels almost the same way to me. It may look like cakewalk, but this asana engages your body from the neck to the thighs. It helps strengthen the core muscles of the thighs, hips, necks, and shoulder. It also improves blood circulation, helps lose belly fat, and stimulates functions of the abdomen & pancreas. Work on your goals and yourself with all your might. I’m sure you’ll be able to row yourself out of every storm! (sic)”
1. Lie down on your back.
2. Flex your stomach and lift your upper body and legs to a 45-degree angle from the ground. Hold the pose for 10 breaths (or what is comfortable for you).
3. Now bend your knees and try to hold your toe.
4. Now again stretch your legs in the front while holding your toe. Now you will see that you will be able to make a perfect V using your upper and lower body.
5. Hold this pose for 10 deep breaths or as long as you can.
6. Now again bend your knees and leave your toes.
7. Now again make a 45-degree angle from the ground with your upper and lower body. And after holding it for 10 deep breaths, relax and lie down on the mat comfortably.
8. Now that’s your one hold. You can do this five times to get a curvalicious body just like Shilpa.
1. Not flexing your core won’t get you any results. Watch how Shilpa is doing it.
2. You must engage your toes by flexing them towards the front.
3. Don’t hunch your back. Keep it straight.
4. You need to lift your chest as well.
5. Don’t bend your knees. Stretch them as much as you can.
6. Try to hold as long as you can because the more you hold better results you will fetch.
7. Focus on making a proper V. Better V means more weight loss.
8. Do it on a proper mat otherwise you might get a sore butt.
So watch Shilpa doing this video when you perform this pose by yourself and we are sure that you will be able to do the boat pose and find it be a cakewalk.