You, too, can get a toned body at home with this Pilates-cum-HIIT workout recommended by none other than celebrity fitness instructor Yasmin Karachiwala.
The pandemic has made us realise the significance of health like never before, and for good reasons. After all, health is wealth. But how do we keep fit at home? Doesn’t it get boring? The good news is you can always experiment, and the best part is you can never run out of ideas, all thanks to celebrity fitness instructor Yasmin Karachiwala. She’s someone who knows how to level up her workouts, without making them mundane in any way. That’s exactly what she has shared in her recent post on Instagram, and as always, we can’t wait to get started with this workout?
Here’s what she wrote, “Try my Pilates meets HiiT workout, where I’ve added a little high intensity interval training to my pilates exercises. Much needed after eating all the Eid food! Let’s start this week strong so we feel gooooood & pumped. Absolutely ZERO Equipment and can be done ANYWHERE.”
Isn’t that the best part? No need for equipment at all. So, wait no more and let’s embark on the journey to fitness!
But before we get there, here are some instructions Yasmin has laid down! “ Perform 3 rounds of 45 seconds each, take 15 seconds of active rest in between exercises and a full minute between rounds! Follow the modified version (M) if you need to scale it down.”
Check it out for yourself:
Here’s the workout routine:
1. Wide plié to relevé
M: Wide plié
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-distance apart, toes turned out, and lift your heels into releve.
- Bend at the knees, lowering your torso, keeping your back straight, and abs tight. Squeeze glutes and straighten legs to return to the starting position.
2. Plank opp arm and leg reach
M: All 4’s opp arm and leg reach
- Come into a plank position with your arms and legs straight, with your shoulders above your wrists.
- Raise your right arm up, as you simultaneously raise your left leg up off of the ground. Be sure not to rotate your hip or upper body. Hold for one second.
- Lower your right arm and left leg back to the starting position. That counts as one rep. Repeat with the left arm and right leg.
3. Side banana-crisscross-side banana
- Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head.
- Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can.
- Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow.
- Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
4. Triceps dip + alt crab kick
M: Seated triceps dip
- Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together, and place your hands behind you.
- Lift your hips off the mat, kick your right leg up and touch your right foot with your left hand.
- Place your right foot on the mat, kick your left leg up and touch your left foot with your right hand.
- Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
Also, read: Janhvi Kapoor and Namrata Purohit team up for this hardcore Pilates session
5. Rollover to plank
M: Plank hold
- Begin in a forearm plank with your hips down, abs tight and engaged, and your spine in neutral.
- Roll into one side plank with your top arm raised straight into the air, feet stacked on top of each other and your hips raised up.