No one can guess that our beloved Malaika Arora is 47-years-old and has an 18-year-old son! She’s absolutely gorgeous and everyone wants to know the secret to her toned body.
If you have been following her on Insta and Facebook, you would know that she is a very dedicated practitioner of yoga.
Every week she posts one pose that you can add to your yoga journal, practice it, and experience the benefits. But, have you ever wondered where she gets the strength to pull off such intricate yoga poses? Recently, she revealed that the asana that provides her with power and energy is utkatasana.
1. Stand straight with your feet together and arms by your side.
2. Take a deep breath and raise your arms. Bring your hands into the namaskar mudra in front of your chest.
3. Now, exhale and bend your knees.
4. Try to stay in this pose for 15 to 20 seconds.
This standing asana involves squatting, which means that it can tone your lower body with ease. It works to strengthen your thighs and experts believe that it also strengthens the knees.
Here are some other things this asana can do for you:
1. It helps in straightening the spine.
2. It tones the hips and thighs.
3. It activates your abdominal muscles and organs.
4. It is a perfect stretch for your shoulders and chest.
5. It helps in toning your legs.
6. It keeps your blood pressure in check.
7. It keeps you energized all day long.
So, now you know what makes Malaika super strong! Try it out for yourself. But keep in mind that this pose isn’t as easy as it looks. It requires a lot of flexibility and strength, and can take some time for you to master. Initially, you may find holding this asana to be a task. But keep at it to reap the benefits.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker