Have you ever found it difficult to strike the right balance in life? Or have you found it difficult to focus or concentrate on things?
We’re sure, you have. Thankfully, yoga can rescue you from these problems. One asana in particular can help you find your balance and focus. We’re taking about tree pose aka vrikshasana.
This what the tree pose can for you:
This is how you can vrikshasana that right way
Also, listen to the audio instructions for the asana here:
1. Stand with your feet together, keep your back straight and chin slightly lifted up. It might be a little difficult but try to balance your energies by finding your centre. Basically, just keep your core a little tight for better stability.
2. Now keep your arms firmly by the sides of your body. Inhale…. slowly and exhale gently to feel the weight of your body equally distributed between both your feet. And try to stay as much steady as you can.
3. Slowly shift your weight onto your right foot. Bend your left knee and hold it by the ankle for support. Now gently place the sole of the left foot on the inner right thigh.
4. Don’t forget to keep your back straight otherwise you might trip and fall. Now find a spot in front of you and focus on las it’ll help you balance.
5. Now put gentle pressure into the inner right thigh with your left foot to maintain your balance. Keep pushing your left knee out while pointing your hips to the front of the room.
6. Now join your palms in n front of your chest. Take 5–10 deep breaths keeping yourself still and feel the calm.
7. Now lastly, with an exhale, slowly support your ankle with your left palm if required to release the left leg back. Now slowly bring your hands down and repeat on the other side.
We know how tedious this asana might seem but just a few weeks of practicing the tree pose can go a long way.
Just remember if you find it difficult to balance your intiially, you can take the support of a wall.
(With inputs from Grand Master Akshar)