So, here comes Bebo! Well, Bollywood’s most loved child Kareena Kapoor Khan has reposted a blast from the past, and guess what’s it about? Bingo people, it’s all about surya namaskar.
Bebo has revealed her love for this yoga sequence umpteen times and she has also said that it’s her go-to exercise when it comes to weight loss.
In her latest repost, you can see Kareena doing a surya namaskar marathon. Bebo mentions in the post that this is how she used to warm up before starting her high-intensity interval training. Now, that’s mixing the best of both the worlds.
View this post on Instagram
#Repost @rupal_sidh — #throwback to the time when travelling to @kareenakapoorkhan and making her do dozens of Suryanamaskars were just the beginning of our high intensity trainings! The dedicated darling of a human she is❤️ @kareenakapoorkhan @rupal_sidh @rupals_yogasthenics #kareenakapoorkhan #kareenakapoor #celebrityyogatrainer #celebrityfitness #yogaeverydamnday
Surya Namaskar is a mix of cardio and muscle gain
Now you know why Bebo is in love with this pose! Sun salutation aka surya namaskar can be done in variation to attain stamina and muscle strength. A study published in the International Journal of Yoga suggests that if you do this pose slowly and steadily then you can up your muscle strength as well as endurance. Also, if you do it Bebo’s way then it acts as cardio and helps you in weight loss as well.
Do you know that if you do 24 cycles of sun salutation for six days a week for a month then you can improve your body composition? No, we aren’t bluffing because an entire study was conducted on this which was published in the Asian Journal of Sports Medicine.
In fact, the study also claims that one full cycle of this pose works as a full-body workout focusing on your chest, shoulders, core, back, thighs, glutes, calves, and arms.
Excited to try it out?
But here’s something you must know. It might look easy to pull off this sequence but there are some common mistakes that people make while performing it and hence don’t get the result they are looking for.
So, here are some common mistakes that you can avoid and fine-tune the way you do a surya namaskar:
1. Watch out your breathing technique. Inhaling and exhaling matters a lot when it comes to yoga so take the guidance of an expert or watch a tutorial before performing it.
2. Don’t leave any position mid-way otherwise, it will not target the muscle group properly.
3. Stay steady while you are in a pose, be it a plank, downward dog, and so on.
4. While jumping forward and backward, please ensure you don’t rush it or use excessive force while doing it.
5. Follow the sequence to the T as it’s designed in a way that will help your body flow without any soreness and stiffness.
6. Get a proper mat or do it on the floor where you don’t slip while doing a marathon otherwise, you might end up hurting yourself.
So, there you go. Just use these simple tips and you’ll know why Bebo and this pose is inseparable.