Malaika Arora practices yoga diligently and has recently suggested doing tulasana for the many benefits it has to offer.
Social distancing caused by coronavirus has taken a toll on all of us, both mentally and physically. For most of us, the line between work and personal life has become extremely blurred. Adjusting to what is being called the ‘new normal’ is proving to be a struggle.
The beauty Malaika Arora rightly says, “In today’s day and age, work-life balance has become so crucial that it can either make or break our life. Especially in the times of the lockdown, we’ve all struggled to find that balance. So, let’s start the week with #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek with just the right balance.”
Also, read: Want to know the secret behind Malaika Arora’s toned body? Well then try utkatasana
So, here’s how you can strike the perfect balance with Tulasana:
- Start with padmasana or lotus pose
- Now, place your palms on the floor beside the thighs
- Take a deep breath and raise your whole body off the floor, balancing your upper body on the hands
- Now, swing your body back and forth while balancing yourself on the arms
- Hold the position for 15 to 20 seconds
- Slowly bring your body back to the padmasana position
- You can practice this 3 to 5 times
According to Malaika, “The asana is extremely helpful in relaxing your muscles, strengthening your arms and upper body region. So, find a balance and you’ll feel amazing!”
Check out the post here:
Here are 7 benefits of practising the pose:
- It strengthens your arms, wrists and upper body
- It also strengthens your shoulders
- It helps relax the muscles
- It helps calm your mind by relaxing your body
- It promotes balance
- It can also tone your abs
- It promotes the health of your lungs by improving the supply of oxygen
So, practice Tulasna as suggested by the timeless beauty Malaika Arora and see your health improve!