Malaika Arora is back with another #moveoftheweek and this time, she can be seen doing bhujangasana aka the cobra pose.
Have you ever wondered what is the secret behind Malaika Arora’s fit body? She is ageing like fine wine, after all. And this is something we all dream of! But staying fit as you grow older doesn’t come easy. Even at the age of 47, Malaika Arora is physically active, and if you wish to age like her as well then you’ve got to do what she does.
Ever since Malaika started the series #moveoftheweek on Instagram, it’s been an absolute treat for all us fitness enthusiasts who follow her. Just like every week, this week too she showcased a yoga asana, i.e. bhujangasana or the cobra pose. You can check out her post here:
“The pose is useful for respiratory disorders such as Asthma and aids in the toning of abdominal muscles improving flexibility (sic),” she says in her post.
Also, read: Malaika Arora doing aqua yoga is giving us major fitness goals for 2021
But that’s not all the cobra pose can do for you
- This pose can help open up the chest while strengthening your spine and shoulder
- It can also help you reduce belly fat and tone your abdominal muscles
- It promotes better digestion and eases constipation
- This energizing backbend pose can also ease your back pain
- It targets your upper body and also reduces fat
- It improves the functioning of your reproductive system and can regulate your menstrual cycle
- Doing this asana regularly also improves blood circulation in the body
Here’s how you can do the cobra pose, the Malaika way:
- Start by lying down flat on your stomach
- Now keep your arms by the side of your chest, while keeping your hands (palms down) underneath your shoulders
- Stretch your feet, keeping them together, with your toes pointed out
- While inhaling, lift your upper body
- Gently arch your neck upwards and ensure that your stomach is pressed on the floor
- Hold the pose for 20-25 seconds
- Now exhale and slowly come back to the starting position
- Repeat 2 to 3 times
But remember this…
Cobra pose is not safe for women who are pregnant. Also, if you are suffering from issues like spondylitis and back pain, you should avoid this asana.