Malaika Arora demonstrates the art of Anulom Vilom in her latest Instagram postPublished on: 2 March 2021, 10:22 am IST
It’s the little things that make a huge impact, and who knows this better than our very own chhaiya chhaiya girl, Malaika Arora? This is the primary reason why you will always find her trying out simple hacks to stay fit and fabulous. This time, Malaika’s move of the week is all about acing the art of breathing.
We all know that anulom vilom is an ancient breathing technique, which helps oxygen reach our lungs. It also enhances blood oxidation, because of which you don’t just feel energised, but also get glowing skin and a stress-free mind.
Here’s what Malaika Arora has to say in her this week’s Insta post
If you think that breathing doesn’t require a technique or practice, you are sadly mistaken. There is a proper science and technique that you need to learn, if you actually want to receive benefits.
Here’s what Malaika wrote in her Insta post:
“Today’s #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek is a simple form of pranayama. Sometimes, it is not all about moving the body but concentrating on your breathing. Your breathing affects your overall wellness and that is why it is important to perform breathing exercises.”
Here’s the right way to do anulom vilom
1. Start by sitting in a cross-legged position. Rest your hands on your knees, and close your eyes
2. Keep your right thumb on your right nostril, and close it. Inhale deeply from your left nostril for four counts.
3. Now, close your left nostril with your right ring finger and hold it for two seconds. In this step, you must hold your breath, while both your nostrils are closed.
4. Take the right thumb off from your right nostril, and exhale deeply through your right nostril.
5. Inhale from your right nostril for four counts, while continuing to keep your ring finger on your left nostril. Next, close both nostrils for two seconds and exhale deeply with your left nostril.
6. Repeat this process for five minutes.
7. Concentrate on your breathing, while doing it.
Here’s why Malaika Arora has recommended her followers to try anulom vilom
Anulom vilom pranayama is also known as alternate nostril breathing technique. This breathing technique has a number of benefits like:
- Improves immune system
- Boosts your memory
- Improves respiratory and cardiovascular health
- Regulates blood pressure
- Improves sleep and helps to de-stress.
So ladies, get your yoga mats out, because it is time to breathe in and breathe out.