Celebrity trainer Namrata Purohit shares 4 exercises to tone up the butt
Can’t hit the gym due to the pandemic? Don’t consider it a problem! There are various ways to stay fit at home. If you’re looking to tone up that butt, we’ve got celebrity fitness trainer Namrata Purohit to help you out.
Namrata is known for training actresses like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Janhvi Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan, and Malaika Arora. Recently, Namrata took to Instagram to share tips on how to shape your back like an apricot! What’s more, the exercises she suggested will also strengthen your thighs, buttocks, and hamstrings. The best part is that you can perform all these at your home easily. So, ladies, bring out a mat and get to these exercises.
In the Instagram caption, Namrata wrote:
“4 moved to work the Inner Thighs, Glutes, and Hamstrings while keeping the entire body engaged! Make sure you focus on the form, breathe throughout, and keep the core and glutes engaged!”
Here are the 4 exercises Namrata recommends to work on your glutes:
1. Hip lift with heels up
Hip raise or lift helps to build your glutes and improve your posture by working on the front muscles. It can tone the spinal erector muscles of the back as well.
- Lie down on your back with your knee bent and keep your shoulders relaxed.
- The feet should be shoulder-width apart and palms should face down.
- Take a deep breath, pushing down the heels into the ground. Lift your hips and back while lifting up your heels from the floor, forming a straight line from your shoulder to your knees.
- Hold the pose as you keep your core engaged and continue to squeeze your glutes.
- Now, lower the body back to the starting position.
Do 10-20 repetitions and 10-20 pulses.
2. Single leg raise
Single leg raise helps to firm up the glutes, strengthen the hamstrings, and tone the calf muscle. It can tone and strengthen the muscle in your abdomen and legs as well.
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your knees and lift your hips up from the floor.
- Inhale slowly and lift one leg off the ground. Lower it slowly and repeat.
- Stabilize the muscles on your leg by contracting your quadriceps (the group of muscles on the front of your thighs).
- Switch legs and repeat reps on the opposite side.
Do 10-20 reps.
3. Inner thigh raise
Inner thigh raises strengthen your inner thighs and also improves your balance.
- Lie on your side.
- Straighten bottom leg and cross top leg over.
- Raise bottom leg and lower to ground.
- Do a prescribed number of reps before switching to the other side.
- Remember to keep the core engaged.
Do 20 reps and 10-20 pulses.
4. Leg pull prep
Leg pull encourages tightness in the chest and hip flexors. It targets all the muscles typically weakened due to sedentary postures by opening up the hips, chest and shoulders.
- Sit with your feet parallel, hip-distance apart, and foot in front of the knees.
- Place your hand under the shoulders.
- Now, lift the hips off the ground involving the upper back and triceps.
- Maintain the hip level. Line up your head with your spine.
- Keep your feet on the ground, pressing the floor away from you with all four limbs equally.
Do 10-20 reps and 10-20 pulses
Watch the video and follow the instructions to firm your butt!