Listen to this article
In recent times when Covid-19 has taken a toll, nothing holds more value than leading a healthy and hygienic lifestyle. Even after recovering from any disease, people find it difficult to get back to their routine because of slow healing process. Besides proper and healthy food and ample sleep, adding a few yoga asanas to your daily routine is highly recommended by the healthcare professionals, doctors and experts for speedy recovery after suffering from any sort of disease.
Yoga is a form of exercise which offers numerous rewards that improve our health and secures peace of mind. It improves our performance at the workplace, spreads positivity in personal relationships and helps to maintain harmony with the surroundings in which we live and breathe. Nowadays, millions of human beings who have fortunately recovered from several health crisis, especially Covid-19, which primarily attacks the human respiratory and other system, must be thinking how to regain their strength back on path.
The answer to this question is that performing yoga for recovery is an excellent aid during the convalescence period or process, as it helps to boost energy instantly. For anyone recovering from a dreaded disease, it is important that they should slowly aim to regain their fitness through adapting different ways such as therapies, breathing exercises, meditation, and few warm up asanas, apart from medicinal support.
With the evolving practices of yoga, therapeutic yoga and Ayurveda can be true healers for recovering patients. They refer to the application of techniques and practices to support people facing physical and mental health challenges. Conditions such as physical ailments, allergies or for that matter emotional distress can be treated by this practice.
For example, it has been seen that some women after delivering a baby,, suffer through post-pregnancy depression. In this case, doctors also recommend meditation and yoga to treat their condition. In simple terms, therapeutic yoga practice is an amalgamation of modern-day knowledge and traditional practices combined together to deliver a holistic health benefit.
1. Transition from one yoga asana to another increases blood flow and circulation throughout the body. This leads to improved oxygen supply to the brain and other organs, promoting a healthy skin and cell growth.
2. When people exercise, their natural immunity gets a boost. According to yoga experts, naturopathic therapeutics like yoga encourage bringing the body back into balance.
Also watch how yoga can be beneficial to recover from workout injuries:
3. Encouraging relaxation by way of yoga has the potential to help people sleep better, especially those who are coping up with any disease.
4. Therapeutic meditation: Relaxation and mindfulness are the focus of meditation when it is combined with yoga poses. The yoga therapist attempts to calm the body and mind by providing a guided visualization intended to bring inner peace.
5. Yoga offers people a holistic way to unwind and relax. By practicing a simple sequence daily, the mind and body will naturally produce endorphins and release tension, therefore relaxing the mind.