Listen to this article
We all know how busy celebrities are—they are forever juggling their work and personal lives, but one thing they never ever compromise with is their fitness. Healthy eating and packing in some exercise is a part of their life, so even if they are on a fun vacay, they never ever miss the opportunity to work out.
If you want to emulate the way they keep fit, here are some things to keep in mind:
Research suggests that weight loss is all 75% about consuming a healthy diet, and 25% is exercise. While celebrities find it tough to work out because of their busy schedules, they make sure to get their body moving every time they get an opportunity.
For instance, when Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty Kundra was in Manali recently for a film shoot, she made sure to perform some of her favourite yoga poses in a picturesque setting.
“Manali isn’t called ‘Dev Bhoomi’ (the Valley of Gods) for nothing! 😇 The energy and beauty are exhilarating. So inspiring that I decided to start my day at the break of dawn with the mountain pose in front of the mountains. Starting with Padahastasana, Parvatasana, Marjariasana… this flow opens up the whole body; strengthens & stretches the back, hamstring, calf muscles & shoulders; improves digestion & blood circulation. If you want to be immovable like the mountains, then you must try this flow,” said Shilpa in her Instagram post.
Check it out for yourself:
Since celebrities do not have too much time on their hands, they prefer to move their body in short bursts rather than working out for hours at end. That’s because high-intensity workouts are effective when it comes to boosting metabolism and toning muscles. They increase your heart rate to the maximum, and help you burn calories even post your workout sesh.
When the covid-induced lockdown had just begun, Sara Ali Khan gave us a sneak peek into her 3-minute Tabata workout, a high-intensity interval training workout. The sesh included eight rounds of heavy duty exercises for 20 seconds with 10 seconds between sets.
We know cardio is good for aerobic fitness, while lifting weights helps you tone your body. And that’s why celebrities know both are equally essential. That’s why they go for both cardio and resistance training that includes sprints to boxing to even jump rope, and some bodyweight exercises. Some also prefer to do kickboxing and work out all their muscles!
Bollywood actress Rakul Preet Singh also shared some stories that showed her punching in the air, and mastering the art of boxing during quarantine.
Whether it’s Malaika Arora or Shilpa Shetty, these beauties always make sure to practice yoga wherever they are! It not just helps them to build their physical strength, but also contributes to a positive mental state. That’s not all, yoga also helps you cultivate proper breathing patterns, and promotes weight loss, prevents injury and reduces stress.
Every week, Malaika gives us a sneak peek into her move of the week, and this time around it was Natrajasana.
“As the festive nights of Navratri end with the celebration of Dussehra, we are taken back in time that signifies the victory of good over evil. Keeping this in mind, let’s begin with this week’s pose, enriching ourselves as we keep our mind and body healthy,” said her Instagram post.
Since they travel all the time and have erratic schedules, celebrities make sure to get their fill of healthy foods, wherever they are. The idea is to consume nutrient-rich foods (think vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates) 80% of the time, and allow themselves whatever they’re craving the other 20% of the time. At the end of the day, moderation is key.
While Taapsee Pannu was holidaying in The Maldives, she made sure she followed a healthy diet and didn’t give in to her cravings.
“While I take a break, my super-efficient @munmun.ganeriwal continues to hold the fort for me. As she shifts me into a shredding diet for #RashmiRocket . She gets me to indulge in this yummy, holiday breakfast of eggs, avocados, and mushrooms rich in proteins and good fats. As they say, the right people in your life can get things ‘floating’ for you and in my case, it’s done quite literally!,” she shared on her Instagram.
So ladies, now that you know what celebrities do to keep fit, it’s time to follow these rules and flaunt your svelte figure!