First and foremost, we would like to say hats off to you Sushmita Sen! She makes us realize that age is just a number. The beauty has kept herself fit with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Recently, Sushmita took to Instagram to share her idea of ‘meditation’! The former Miss Universe often shares videos and photos of herself working out but watching her use the gymnastic rings for strength training is truly inspiring. What she’s doing is known as callisthenics.
Callisthenics is a body-weight routine that you do for strength training. Sushmita being Sushmita has taken it a notch higher by combining it with yoga.
“#meditation in action. #sharing a feeling, I call alive. It doesn’t take strength…it takes WILL!!! Back to my practice…HOW I’ve missed this feeling!!! I love you guys!!! #feel #alive #practise #will #breathe #gratitude #gymnasticrings #duggadugga”
Here’s what Sushmita performed on the gymnastic rings
1. She did a reverse cobra pose
2. Then, she got into shirshasana
3. Next, she did an aerial bow pose
Check this out this reel and get inspired by the Bollywood beauty
View this post on Instagram
Absolutely amazing how she can execute such difficult asanas mid-air! But, what makes the fit actress opt for callisthenics? Well, we will tell you why.
1. Callisthenics is great for toning up the muscles.
2. You don’t need to lift any extra weight because all the moves are based on body weight.
3. It helps you burn more calories than the usual strength training exercises because you need tremendous energy to stay in each position.
4. Callisthenics improves blood circulation.
5. It stretches different areas of the body and enhances mobility.
6. It builds focus and improves your posture as well.
The catch here is that you need to begin slow when it comes to callisthenics. This fitness routine requires a lot of muscle endurance and stamina. So, start slow and allow your body to get used to it, or you might end up with severe injuries.
So, ladies, take some inspiration from Sush and tone up your body!