If your waist is spilling out of those pants, then ladies, it’s time to work on those love handles. We’re sure you must have tried everything possible to get rid of them, but always remember the mantra of maximum contraction. And in this scenario, there’s nothing better than side crunches.
They are considered amazingly effective, because of two reasons:
1. The sideways movement brings more contraction
2. The leg that we twist makes it all the more effective
Come, let’s help you learn this move, and tell you how it will benefit you.
Once you’re done with all the reps, switch sides and repeat. Here’s how many you can do:
Pro tip 1 – To make the move more difficult, try lifting your upper body at the same time you lift your bent knees, keeping them pinned together.
Pro tip 2 – For a more advanced version, lift your upper body at the same time you lift your stacked straight legs.
1. You need to bend your knees, and twist them properly to get maximum contraction.
2. Breathe out, while lifting up and breathing in, while going down.
3. Do this movement slowly. Also, always keep your hands below your neck to support it.
4. Initially, your legs will move a little, but once you ace the move, you will be able to manage the movement of your legs.
5. To amplify the effect of any kind of exercise, the golden rule is to flex your muscles. When you do side crunches, you need to flex your core. This way you will activate not just your side muscles, but also your lower back and abs as well.
6. Always do these crunches on a mat, otherwise your sides might get hurt.
So ladies, what are you waiting for? Just get into your workout clothes, warm up a little, and bring your mats out, because it’s time for side crunches.