There are a few celebs that are totally worth following on Instagram if you are a fitness freak. One of them is Malaika Arora. This B-town “Munni” can actually give women half her age a run for their money, because she is THE epitome of fitness. And she does not refrain from showing her love for yoga—which, by the way, she considers to be the best routine to stay in shape.
On her Instagram, this yummy mummy recently put up a post in which she can be seen doing the Parivrtta Parsvakonasana aka revolved side angle pose. This yoga pose will help you get stronger, tighter, and well-sculpted abs.
1. Start in the downward facing dog position. Keep your feet grounded and palms firmly on the floor.
2. Inhale, bring your right foot forward between your both palms
3. Take your left leg back straight, tuck your toe in, and put your heel up
4. Exhale, push your pelvis down and take your right thigh parallel to the ground
5. Inhale, lift your right hand up, fingers pointing towards the ceiling. Make sure both your shoulders align.
6. Look up towards your fingers
7. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and then release the posture
Getting Ms Arora’s like abs is no joke, and if you want them too, then you need to practice this yoga pose regularly. That’s because it works on your entire core area which consists of your back, abs, and oblique.
This yoga pose includes a twist which helps in the contraction of the abdominal muscles and helps in burning more fat. Plus, holding the pose requires more flexibility and endurance that will help in sculpting your core muscles so that you can get that hourglass figure.
If you observe this move closely, then you will notice that a lunge is also involved in the posture. This means, along with your abs, you will also work on your thighs and glutes. All in all, a toned butt is also up for grabs with the revolved side angle pose.
Did you know that parivrtta parsvakonasana also helps in improving digestion and metabolic activities? This helps in burning excess calories that you might have consumed. A study published in the Journal of Physical Therapy Science suggests that yoga is one of the best ways to fasten your metabolism to aid weight loss.
So ladies, include this yoga pose in your weight loss routine and follow it to the T to get Malaika’s curvy waistline.