Listen to this article
Well, who doesn’t want a super toned and curvaceous butt? If you’re looking how to crack the code, let us tell you that exercise is the simple answer. You need to practice certain exercises which directly target glute muscles and help to strengthen your butt too. Let’s share with you some butt exercises, suggested by celebrity Pilates trainer Namrata Purohit.
Ready to find out about the exercises which can help you get you that dreamy butt? Let’s go.
* Stand with your feet together.
* Ensure your hips are facing forward
* Step back with your left leg and bend at both knees.
* Make a 90-degree angle with both your knees and then come to the starting position.
* As soon as you reach this point, lift your left leg back up in the air until it’s parallel to the floor.
* Lower your left leg on the floor. This is one rep.
* Repeat the exercise.
* Lie on your back with your knees bent and arms at your side.
* Keep your feet flat.
* Press in your heels, keeping your core tight and engaged.
* Now, lift your hip off the ground until your knees, hip and shoulders are in a straight line.
* Hold the bridge for 4-5 seconds, and come back to the starting position.
* Repeat the pose again.
Note: Remember, your knees must be over the ankles.
Check out Namrata Purohit’s video on butt exercises
* Start by lying face down on the floor with your bent knees and slightly open to the side.
* Place your hands under your forehead with elbows out the sides.
* Press the heels and toes together and lift your thigh off the ground a couple of centimeters without arching your back.
* Hold for 5-10 seconds then return to starting position.
* Repeat the exercise.
Also, read: Hip-opening yoga asanas for a toned, peachy bum
* Get down on all your fours and place your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips
* Now, kickback or lift your right knee, keeping it bent as you kick upward.
* Return to the starting position to complete one repetition.
* Once you’ve completed the reps on the right leg, switch legs.
* Begin on all your fours and ensure your shoulders are placed above your hands.
* Lift your right leg to your side at a 45-degree angle, while the knees remain 90 degrees.
* Keep your core engaged and tighten.
* Lower your leg to the starting position to complete one rep.
* Repeat the exercise with another leg.
Practice these exercises at home and get toned and firm butt in no time!