Listen to this article
We are sure you must have heard people talking about the golden for a healthy body. Just as a recap, here are some things to remember: It’s 70% what you eat and 30% exercise. Unfortunately, most of us do things the other way round. We pay more attention to how we train and less to what we eat. But the fact is that if you really want to gain muscle then you have to follow a muscle gain diet religiously.
Did you know there are many muscle gain foods that are readily available in our kitchen? You can add them to your daily diet along with your workout to build lean muscle.
But what, when, and how much you need to eat is of the utmost importance. And so in collaboration with clinical nutritionist, Dr Lovneet Batra, we have chalked out a very easy-peasy muscle gain diet plan for you. And this is how it looks.
Early morning: 1 cup water with wheatgrass powder. After a while, 1 cup water with a teaspoon (tsp) of coconut oil, and 1 apple with 1 tsp of peanut butter.
Post-workout: 1 scoop of whey protein and coconut water.Breakfast: 3 egg whites and one dal cheela. You can also replace dal cheela with a toast and avocado. And if you are vegetarian then you can replace eggs with 100 grams paneer.
Noon: 1 bowl of sprouts and 1 tsp of soaked peanuts
Lunch: 1 bowl of yogurt, 100 grams paneer, and a bowl of veg quinoa. You can have a bowl of pulses or 1 amaranthi roti with sabzi.
Around 3PM: You can have a fruit, preferably cherries or any fruit low in sugar.
Around 5 PM: A toast + some hummus + an avocado
Around 7 PM: You can totally dig into a lentil or mushroom soup
1. Stay well hydrated. Drink at least 3 to 4 litres of water without fail to metabolize the protein you have eaten.
2. Your protein intake should not exceed 30 grams.
3. Here’s the golden rule to gain muscle according to Dr Batra: “Within 30 minutes after a workout you need to fuel yourself. So, don’t forget to take good whey quality protein. You need to take around 25 to 30 gram of whey protein,” she explains.
4. When you are on a high protein diet you tend to feel constipated and gassy. So, don’t ignore whole grains otherwise no muscle synthesis will happen in your body.
5. Maintain your liver health as well. Wheatgrass and ashwagandha will help you do that. This is to maintain the anabolic state of your body to build muscle. This will also curb the formation of acid in your body due to high protein.
Isn’t it a neat trick to muscle yourself up? So, what are you waiting for? Just go for this muscle gain diet and see the results!