Some take to cardio and others make muscle training an integral part of their workout routine when it comes to toning up. What most of us don’t understand is that it takes a combination of these two in order to sculpt the body, especially the legs.
By now, you’re probably already aware of how difficult it is to tone up the legs.
When you do a lot of cardio like running or cycling, you will lose weight but your leg muscles won’t become firm. In addition, you will be afflicted with muscle soreness because of not indulging in muscle strengthening.
On the other hand, if you concentrate only on muscle training, the process of burning all that cellulite will be really slow and your leg muscles might end up getting too bulky.
So, striking the right balance between cardio and muscle training is extremely important.
We’ve curated this 30-minute routine to help you tone your legs. The best part is that it’s designed to work on all muscle groups, from the glutes to calves. All you have to do is skip and squat!
First and foremost, you need to have a skipping rope to pull it off.
This routine is a mix of skipping and a basic squat. So, do 100 skips without any breaks. Next up, do 25 full squats without resting in-between the two exercises. Take a break of 15 seconds and repeat it again.
Do 10 rounds of it and you are good to go!
Mixing cardio and muscle training is one of the best ways to lose weight. Plus, your muscles feel less strained.
When you do strength exercises like the squat and then get into the cardio mode without any breaks. it enables more contraction. Hence, you end up burning more fat while tightening up the muscles.
1. Skipping and jumping squats – Replace a simple squat with a jumping squat. Doing 15 repetitions will be enough because it’s an advanced move.
2. Skipping and sumo squats – Do 20 sumo squats.
3. Skipping and calves raise – Do at least 30 calf raises to strengthen your lower legs.
4. Skipping and back kicks – This one is great for toning your butt. Do at least 15 back kicks for each leg.
5. Skipping and squat hold – If you want to tighten up your thighs and glutes then nothing can beat this duo. After you are done with your skips, get into a sumo squat position, and hold it for 20 seconds. Repeat.
So, you have to train six days a week and you have six moves for that! Try this out for a month to tone up your legs.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker