Half crunches for upper abs, leg raises for lower abs, and sit-ups for the midriff – too much work, isn’t it? We live in the times of HIIT, so enduring so much pain is not at all needed, ladies. In fact, it won’t be wrong to say that it’s all about working smart, instead of just putting many hours in the gym. And one smart move that will take care of all the three sections of your belly, along with obliques are the X-crunches.
X-crunches are a HIIT move that work on the entire core area, at once. It flexes your belly, and then when your hand meets the toe, it gives you the maximum contraction. Result? Maximum fat burn.
So, without wasting much of your time, let’s first reveal what you can do and then we will tell you some really cool tips to enhance the results. Let’s begin!
Step 1: Lie down straight on a mat. Now, spread your arms and legs in a way that your body makes a position that appears like the letter “X”. Don’t widen your feet too much, otherwise you won’t be able to keep up the momentum.
Step 2: Bring one leg straight up, keeping it diagonally along your body, while lifting your opposite arm at the same time.
Tip: Keep your legs and arms as straight as possible. Try to touch your feet with the opposite arm for maximum contraction. Initially, it might not happen but with practice, you will be able to ace it. So, don’t worry.
Step 3: Now lift the other arm and leg, perform the X-crunch, and repeat.
Beginners can do 25 X-crunches with each leg and four sets. For those who are at an intermediate and advanced level, 50 to 100 X-crunches with each leg and four sets is a great way to get those ripped abs.
1. Hold the pose when your hand meets your foot for two breaths or two seconds. This will burn more fat in the abdominal region.
2. This tip is not for beginners. You can try wearing ankle weights after the first rep to increase the intensity of X-crunches.
3. Breathe out while lifting up, and breathe in, while going down.
4. Don’t force your body to touch your toe. It will happen gradually.
5. Keep your back straight.
6. When you are lying on the mat, extend your body to the fullest and then slowly lift it up. While going down, extend your body again.
7. Don’t raise your neck way too much.
And that’s it!