We’ve all been stuck at home, courtesy the second wave of covid-19. Of course, that’s the right thing to do, because we are at a high risk of getting infected. The pandemic has also made us realise the significance of fitness, and what that means is, you must not compromise on exercise at any cost. But exercising alone can get boring, we completely understand that, and so does celebrity instructor Yasmin Karachiwala.
In her recent Instagram post, she can be seen performing some fun workout routines, and we can’t stop ourselves from trying them out. So, grab your partner right away and make exercising more challenging (we promise it will be a lot of fun). Yasmin adds, “If you don’t have a partner, you can always do them by yourself, but do try to find someone to do them with for some extra ?!!”
She advises her audience to perform three rounds of 45 seconds each, take 15 seconds of active rest in between exercises, and a full minute between rounds!
So without further ado, let’s get to the exercises.
Track your health on the go ! Download Healthshots App
1️. Partner sissy squat (45 secs)
- Stand with your back turned against your partner, making sure your arms are locked in.
- Lower your body into a squat by bending your knees, and leaning your body backwards.
- Squat as low as you can, ensuring your balance is maintained.
- Keep performing the exercise for 45 seconds.
- Do three rounds to see maximum benefits.
2️. Crawl to plank clap (45 secs)
- In this exercise, you and your partner bend down, with your legs firmly set on the ground. but at a distance apart.
- Keep crawling forward and when you come closer, get into a plank position.
- Now, give each other a hi-5 with the opposite hand.
- Crawl as quickly as you can, while maintaining form.
- Do this for 45 seconds, and repeat thrice.
3. Russian twist + push-up (45 secs)
- In this exercise, one person does the russian twist, while the other will engage in a push-up. You can then switch the exercise.
- For the russian twist, sit on the floor and bring your legs out straight.
- Lean back slightly, so your torso and legs form a V-like shape, bracing your abdominal wall to engage your core.
- Next, twist your torso from side to side, without moving your legs.
4. Partner switch (45 secs)
- Perform the same exercise as above, while your partner does push-ups.
5. Sit-up + clap (45 secs)
- Lie on the floor, facing the ceiling, with a slight bend in your knees and arms bent at the elbows. Make sure your feet are joined with your partner’s.
- Engage your core and lift your upper body, and when you do, clap your partner’s hands.
- Do this exercise for 45 seconds, and repeat thrice.