Treat yourself to this orange facial at home!Updated on: 7 March 2022, 10:29 am IST
Oranges seem like God’s way of telling us to enjoy the sweetness of life with a pinch of sour. Have you ever met anyone who refuses to nibble on one? Their fresh flavour and refreshing aroma is sure to boost your mood on gloomy days. However, if you’re just eating these tangy delights, then you’re unaware of their benefits for the skin. Oranges have been used in skincare for a long time. And to step up the game, we have a guide for an orange facial at home for you!
For those who are still not convinced of the benefits of oranges on skin, Healthshots, spoke to Dr Nivedita Dadu, a renowned Dermatologist, founder and chairman of Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic.
Here are some of the skincare benefits of doing an orange facial at home:
1. Antioxidant dose
An orange is loaded with Vitamin C and that is why it has antioxidants that can fight the free radicals present in the skin, giving it a very healthy glow.
2. Treat acne
They are also enriched with citric acid and that helps in drying out pimples and preventing acne. Oranges also come with bleaching properties that help lighten the skin tone.
3. Brighten up your skin
Orange facial helps to exfoliate the skin and remove the dead skin cells that make the skin dull. It speeds up the cell regeneration process in your skin.
4. Anti-ageing treatment
It moisturizes the skin deeply. Oranges also help in slowing down the process of ageing and treat wrinkles and blemishes.
5. Regulates sebum production
This orange facial helps in absorbing extra oils from the face. Regular usage of this facial can also make the skin healthier and supple.
6. Smooth out your skin
A skincare routine with orange can help shrink the pores on your skin. This will give the skin a smoother and lustrous glow.
Here’s a step by step guide to do an orange facial at home:
- To do an orange facial, you’ll need orange peel powder, multani mitti, Vitamin E capsules, aloe vera, rose water, and raw milk.
- Mix orange peel powder and multani mitti in a bowl, add a tsp of rose water to it.
- Combine the ingredients well and then add aloe vera gel, raw milk, and 4 vitamin E capsules.
- Leave no lumps while mixing the ingredients together and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- After refrigerating the mask for about 1-2 hours, take a little bit in a small bowl, and apply it on to the face.
- Use your fingertips to massage the face in a circular motion and keep it on for 25 minutes.
- Wet your face with water and scrub off the mask once it’s partially dry.
Wash it off with cold water.
Use this facial mask twice a week for two-three months for extremely beautiful, fair, and spotless radiance on the face. And, get ready to be showered with some compliments!