Listen to this article
Nothing works better than natural ingredients for your skin! Maybe that’s why most brands today are focusing on the use of organic foods in their beauty products. Blackberries seem to be at the top of the list, and for good reason.
As we age, fine lines and wrinkles start to show up on the face. And if you have dry skin, they might be visible much before time. The major reason for this is the lack of antioxidants and elasticity. The good news is that blackberries can help you restore both.
That’s why we want to suggest to you a simple DIY face mask made out of blackberry and yogurt. There are two more ingredients that will lighten these lines. And if you use this pack regularly, who knows they might even vanish!
Come let’s learn how to prepare this anti-wrinkle face mask.
Step 1: Using a fork, crush the blackberries in a bowl, and then add honey, yogurt, and rose water.
Step 2: Mix all the ingredients well.
Step 3: Now, clean your face. Dry it with a clean towel and apply this mask using a brush. Remember to use the brush in an upward direction. Don’t apply this mix on your eyes.
Tip: You can keep wet cotton swabs or cucumber on your eyes for a soothing effect.
Step 4: Now leave this pack on for 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 5: Once the pack dries, dab some water and gently scrub this pack. Massage your face for two minutes, and rinse it with cold water.
Step 6: Now clean your face, dry it with a clean towel, and apply a thin layer of sunscreen.
Apply this pack twice a month and see the results!
Blackberry is a fruit that is known as the powerhouse of nutrition. It offers a host of health benefits for your skin:
1. Blackberries work as an amazing exfoliator, as they help to get rid of dirt from the skin cells. Hence, you get glowing and healthy skin. It contains antioxidants which help in smoothening the skin.
2. “Blackberries are rich in vitamin A and C, which helps to protect the skin against the harmful UV rays of sun. No wonder, it helps to prevent the anti-ageing symptoms”, suggests renowned dermatologist Dr Ajay Rana.
3. The antioxidants present in blackberries help to reduce skin inflammation, due to blocked pores. They also help to treat acne-related swelling and discoloration.
“Nutrients present in blackberries also act as a natural cleanser, which can help to remove the oil from the skin. It is also considered best for detoxification of the skin,” suggests Dr Rana.
4. People with psoriasis and eczema have low antioxidant levels in their body.
5. Blackberries are made of 85% water and hydrate the skin like no other.
6. Blackberries contain plenty of vitamins such as vitamin A, C and K. When they combine together with omega 3 and omega 6, they work well to rejuvenate the skin.
7. It also contains high fibre content, which contributes to younger-looking skin.
So ladies, are you ready for this beauty transformation?