The monsoon season makes your scalp a hotbed for dandruff. The dampness and moisture make Malassezia Globosa, the fungus behind dandruff flourish, contributing to those annoying white flakes in the hair. But with consistent use of a home remedy for dandruff, you can try to get rid of the problem. Let’s share one such solution with you.
This special Ayurvedic DIY remedy for dandruff has been suggested by Ayurveda expert Dr Dixa Bhavsar Savaliya. She advises a mix of curd and triphala, which is a herbal fomulation of three plants, for treating dandruff.
Together, these two ingredients work on reducing dandruff and treating an itchy scalp.
“Using this hair mask for 2-3 months straight, twice a week, is the easiest and quickest way to dandruff-free, smooth and healthy hair, Dr Savaliya posted on Instagram.
What this hair mask can also do is work on strengthening your hair follicles and reduce hair fall. “It is shown to add a layer of shine to dull hair and reduce hair stress,” says the expert.
1. Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of curd
2. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of triphala churan
3. Mix it well for 2 minutes
4. Apply it on the scalp and hair for 30 minutes
5. Wash it off properly with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Watch a demo of how to make this DIY hair mask for dandruff!
Well, curd has for long been used as an ingredient to fight scalp infections and dandruff. “Curd for hair is good as it is rich in protein and provides the nourishment that your hair needs for proper growth,” writes Dr Savaliya.
* The nutrients in curd give proper nourishment to your hair, make them stronger and prevent further hair fall.
* It can soothe an itchy scalp due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
* It is said to be a natural conditioner.
* Its moisturizing effect can calm down any frizzy hair and reduce split ends.
If you aren’t aware of it already, let us tell you what Triphala is! Triphala is a mixture of three herbs- Amalaki (Amla), Haritaki (Harda/Harde) and Vibhitaki (baheda), and tripahala benefits of hair are widely known.
“When used as a hair mask, triphala churna can also help to eradicate the most persistent dandruff in a short time,” adds the Ayurveda expert.
* It helps slough off any excess flaking, clearing the scalp of flakes, itchiness, and dryness quickly.
* Triphala has the power to restore the pH balance of your hair and scalp. This helps to keep it clean, and therefore, healthy.
* Amalki is loaded with Vitamin C, and it helps strengthen the hair shaft.
* Haritaki, packed with antioxidants, keeps your scalp fresh.
* Bibhitaki adds antifungal and antibacterial properties to triphala, helping it to drive dandruff away.
So, now go try this home remedy for dandruff if you are struggling with ‘snowflakes’ on your hair!