Neem paste is THE antioxidant booster your skin needs! Try 4 ways to apply itUpdated on: 11 April 2022, 17:54 pm IST
Yes, we know home remedies can help us to eliminate many skin problems but we still rely on commercial products. You should know that market products can be a bit toxic for your skin health due to chemicals present inside them. And that’s where using natural ingredients for skin can rescue you. What if we tell you that you can resolve almost all your skin concerns with just one ingredient? Can’t wait to hear the name? Well, it’s none other than NEEM! A homemade neem pack can bring back your glow and fight against many skin issues.
Sounds too good to be true? But neem can do this!
According to Dr Monica Kapoor, a Celebrity Cosmetologist and Director at FLAWLESS Cosmetic clinics and ILACAD Institute with HealthShots, neem is a natural skin protector.
Can you apply neem paste on your face?
Well, the answer is a big YES! Neem is very popular as a medicinal plant. And its leaves and extracts are commonly used for their antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and healing properties. It is a great source of fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are all needed for healthy skin. Moreover, neem contains active constituents like nimbidin, nimbolide and azadirachtin that can help to get rid of many skin problems, according to Dr Kapoor. So why not use this nature gift for our skin?
Apart from this, here’s how neem can benefit your skin health:
* The antibacterial properties of neem fight acne-causing bacteria, which helps in the treatment and prevention of acne because it is extremely useful in controlling oil production in the skin.
* Applying neem on the face helps even out one’s skin tone as the antioxidants in neem help to reduce dark spots, pigmentation, and other blemishes, making the skin spotless.
* By applying neem paste on the face topically, you can also prevent skin infections.
* The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem protect the skin and help in lightening the blemishes or scars left behind by acne or pimples.
* Applying neem paste on the face helps to reduce skin thinning and wrinkles and fine lines.
* Neem has vitamin E and fatty acids which tighten the skin and thus help to prevent signs of ageing.
* Neem has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that may soothe irritated skin.
* With the advantage of getting a cooling effect on the skin, neem is beneficial for treating skin sensitivity.
* Neem paste acts as a soothing effect on dehydrated or dry skin.
Try these different ways to apply neem paste on the face, suggests Dr Kapoor:
1. Neem and aloe vera face pack
Neem and aloe vera face pack will help to make the skin naturally radiant and free of blemishes. To make this paste, take one teaspoon of neem powder and fresh aloe vera gel. Then, mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply the paste to the skin. Let it dry for 15 minutes, then wash the face with cold water while massaging the skin.
2. Neem and yogurt face pack
Neem and yogurt face pack helps to remove dark spots. To make this paste, take one tablespoon of neem paste and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt. Then, mix the ingredients and apply them to the face. Allow it to dry completely before washing your face with cold water.
3. Neem and sandalwood face mask
Take two tablespoons of neem powder and sandalwood powder each, and add a little water and one tablespoon of rose water to make a paste. Apply it as a face pack and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash with cool water and wipe clean. Or make a mask with a paste of neem leaves and turmeric powder to bring black your skin’s natural glow.
4. Cleansing neem face mask
To make a cleansing neem face mask, take about 10-12 leaves of neem and grind it with water to make a paste. Add 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder and apply it to the face. After 20 minutes, wash it off with water. Use this pack daily to see better results.
So ladies, ditch commercially available face packs and make these neem face packs at home to get rid of your several skin problems.