A girl’s beauty kit is vast as the ocean—thanks to the innumerable skin and hair care products available in the market, stirring confusion like never before. But, does it really have to be that vast?
What if we told you that all you need is just one single product to address the eight most important beauty woes that you otherwise spend a fortune on?
Yes, you read that right. Ladies, good-old almond oil is what we’re talking about and trust us, it is capable of replacing these eight products in your beauty kit with ease:
1. Moisturiser: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, almond oil can make for an excellent moisturiser. Applying just a few drops of it on your face every day can give you a brighter, even-toned complexion along with softer skin.
2. Make-up remover: The slippery, oily texture of almond oil can make that make-up literally slide off your skin, giving those expensive, fancy make-up removers a run for their money. In fact, it can even cleanse your pores thoroughly and give your skin some much-needed nourishment after hours of having been covered with make-up.
3. Anti-ageing cream: Almond oil is a nutritionally dense oil, which makes it nature’s best anti-ageing cream. While the retinol from the vitamin A present in almond oil encourages the growth of new skin cells (along with working on those fine lines and wrinkles), the omega-3 fatty acids present in it helps prevent premature ageing by making the skin soft, supple, and more flexible.
Also, Read: 6 ways to boost collagen production and keep wrinkles at bay
4. Under-eye cream: From puffiness to dryness and dark circles, there isn’t an under-eye problem that almond oil cannot solve. As per a study published in the journal Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, almond oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce under-eye puffiness.
The omega-3 can heal under-eye dryness and while skin-smoothing vitamin E in the oil can lighten the dark circles too.
5. Lip balm: Almond oil works like a charm on dry, chapped, and discoloured lips. While the fat from the omega-3 fatty acids can solve the dryness problem, the vitamin E content in the oil works towards giving you even-toned, smooth lips. Try it to believe it, we say.
6. Scar-healing creams: The same vitamin A that encourages skin-cell regeneration can also help you get rid of stretch marks and acne scars as well. Additionally, the vitamin E content in the oil can further help with scar healing. What more do you want from life?
7. Sunscreen: As uncomfortable as the idea of applying almond oil before stepping out in the scorching heat sounds, the fact is that it actually can protect you from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and according to a study published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer, this wonder vitamin can help prevent the cell damage from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Not to mention, that extra layer of fat on your skin due to the omega-3 fatty acids present in this oil, can further create a thin protective barrier on your skin for some additional protection from the sun.
8. Hair spa kit: From fighting itchy scalp and dandruff with its anti-inflammatory properties to giving you a shinier, healthier-looking mane due to nourishing omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E–almond oil can give the best hair spa products a tough competition.
So, instead of buying at-home hair spa products or making an appointment at the salon for a hair spa next time, just buy a bottle of sweet almond oil and let it work its magic on your hair.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker