Listen to this article
You’ve probably heard that exfoliation is a crucial part of a skin care regimen. After all, scrubbing your face can greatly improve the appearance of your skin. In fact, all you need to do is mix the right ingredients and the scrub will ensure your skin stays healthy and steer clear of common issues like acne, oiliness, and scars. So, we have a game-changing homemade scrub for glowing skin that requires only two ingredients—pink salt and rose water.
Health Shots spoke to Dr Pooja Chopra, Consultant, Dermatology, Aakash Healthcare, Dwarka, to understand the benefits of this DIY rose water and pink scrub.
Dr Chopra says, “Pink salt is the purest form of sea salt that is available in the world. Though it is trending in the food world, it also provides a lot of skin benefits especially when mixed with rose water.”
Well, pink salt contains several skin-benefiting minerals like calcium, chloride, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. On the other hand, rose water contains excellent healing, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Thus using them together to prepare a DIY scrub may give you healthy and glowing skin.
You will need:
1 tablespoon of pink salt
7-8 drops of rose water
1 tablespoon of honey
Here’s how to prepare and apply this scrub
1. Himalayan pink salt is a great detoxifier. It eliminates toxins from your skin and helps it breathe more efficiently.
2. A lesser-known benefit of pink salt is that it removes the foul odour. Be it bad breath or bad body odour, pink salt mixed with rose water works wonders.
3. Rose water and pink salt help to balance the pH levels of your skin, removing impurities and tightening pores. In fact, this scrub can help in skin rejuvenation by aiding cellular repair.
4. This scrub helps in reducing sebum production and controls skin congestion which helps with reducing blemishes and acne.
5. Pink salt is the ultimate soother, and so is rose water. That’s why this scrub also helps in easing puffy eyes and soreness.
6. This rose water and pink salt scrub is a boon for your skin because it offers your skin extra hydration and will give you that enviable glow.
Remember not to over scrub or exfoliate your skin. One should not scrub the face or even body daily unless using an extremely mild homemade scrub. This pink salt and rose water scrub, however, is light but should be used twice a week only.
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker