While we like our hair to be long and thick. But that’s not the case with facial hair now, is it? Facial hair not only makes your face look a little dull but also have negative connotations attached to it.
You can definitely bleach facial hair to reduce its appearance, and wax or thread to get rid of it completely. But if you are looking for some natural ways to get rid of facial hair, then here are three options that come to your rescue.
1. Chandan ubtan
Chandan is excellent for the skin–all desi kids know this. But did you know that using chandan (aka sandalwood) as an ubtan is also one of the oldest remedies for removing facial hair easily?
Here is a chandan ubtan recipe–courtesy Pooja Nagdev, the co-founder of Inatur–that you can start with.
Orange peel powder
Green gram flour
1. Combine all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
2. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for at least 15 minutes to dry.
3. Then remove it by gently scrubbing in a circular motion.
Gram flour and orange peel have exfoliating properties. When used with rosewater and sandalwood, it inhibits hair growth.
Another way to remove facial hair, especially in the Middle East, is sugaring. A simple technique, you can create sugaring paste easily at home and store it in a heatproof jar. Melt it whenever you need to use it–et voila. Sugaring is especially beneficial for hair on the forehead, upper lips, and chin.
1. Take a saucepan and add lemon juice and sugar to it. Mix and heat until sugar is caramelised.
2. Remove the pan from heat and then add glycerin
3. Store the mixture in a heatproof container.
4. Apply the mixture on the upper lip, chin and use a strip to peel off the hair.
3. Oats and Kalonji scrub
This formula works on retarding hair growth and also removes excess hair. Here’s how you can go about preparing it.
1. Soak kalonji seed in skimmed milk and leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Once the seeds are soft, add oats powder and honey to it.
3. Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry.
4. To remove the masque, massage your face in a circular motion. This will also exfoliate the skin.
You can use this mask once a week.
So say goodbye to unwanted facial hair and welcome smooth and glowing skin!
(With inputs from IANS)