Listen to this article
If your skin is missing those frequent spa and salon visits, then it’s time to give it a dose of rejuvenation right at home. How? Well, just by applying grapefruit on your face!
Winter is here in full force, and who needs help more than your poor skin? After all, it might be feeling the stretch and dullness. Unfortunately, this winter dryness is not a good sign for your skin, as it can lead to fine lines and wrinkles as well. Plus, the patchiness it causes is another trouble altogether. That’s why grapefruit is the right choice baby.
There are many different alpha-hydroxy acids found in grapefruit such as citric, tartaric, and malic that makes it a natural cure for your skin.
“Grapefruit helps the skin layer to dissolve the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin cells together, these are all excellent options for chemical exfoliation, ultimately helping to leave the skin smoother, brighter, and with a more even tone. Grapefruit is also an excellent source of vitamin A and C,” says Dr Nivedita Dadu, renowned dermatologist, founder and chairman of Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic.
She adds, “Grapefruit is rich in minerals, antioxidants, and has high water content. It also keeps the skin’s outer layer hydrated. Vitamin C and many antioxidants present in it protect the skin from environmental hazards. Grapefruit extract that is topically applied on the skin can provide an array of anti-aging benefits like evening out your skin tone, and fighting off free radicals from the sun and daily pollution.”
1. Grapefruit stimulates production of skin collagen, which makes skin smooth, plump, reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and increases elasticity.
2. Grapefruit has excellent astringent and exfoliating properties that are perfect for oily or acne-prone skin. It also increases the pH levels of the skin that reduces the chance of acne.
3. Antioxidants present in grapefruit help to create a barrier over the skin that protects the skin’s complexion against free radicals. So, no damage is done to the skin at the cellular level.
4. It helps to transform dull, dehydrated complexion, and leaves the skin beautifully radiant. It also contains lycopene that helps to reduce redness and inflammation of the skin, and evens out skin tone for a smooth complexion.
5. It has cleansing properties. It is beneficial for anyone who suffers from congested, breakout-prone skin. It helps to cleanse pores and heal breakouts and also improves the skin’s appearance and texture. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which work to clean and clear skin for a beautiful and smooth complexion.
Grapefruit and apple face pack
Apple contains vitamin C that helps to build collagen. It also contains powerful antioxidants and polyphenols that protect the skin from UV damage and aging. For the face pack, mix half an apple and half grapefruit, and blend the apple and grapefruit until you get a smooth, soft paste. Apply the paste on clean, dry skin and leave it on for half an hour. Then, wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
Grapefruit and multani mitti face Pack
Grapefruit is also really wonderful in winter for all those with oily skin. Take two spoons of multani mitti, add some lemon juice as well as rose water in it. Grind the grapefruit and make a pulp, and pour it over the other ingredients. Mix them well and apply this pack all over your face.
So ladies, it’s time to stock up on grapefruit now! Your skin will thank you and how!