Ditch your blusher for this DIY beetroot tint for an instant rosy glowPosted on:11 September 2021, 14:00pm IST
Download App Now Read in app
Although there are several ready-to-use skin remedies and products available, a skincare product made out of natural ingredients can help you nourish and protect your skin without the risk of chemical exposure.
In fact, if you’ve been battling any skin issues, it’s best that you avoid market products, and use homemade solutions instead. In fact, skincare products made from natural ingredients also have the added advantage of being customised based on your preferences. And guess which ingredient rules the roost? It’s beetroot!
Yes, we have for you the perfect DIY beetroot lip stain and cheek blush recipe that is easy to prepare, and can get you party ready in no time! Also, if you have always relied on blushers to give your cheeks a rosy shine and glow, you are going to love this DIY beetroot recipe.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s understand how beetroot is beneficial for your skin
Here are the benefits of beetroot for your skin
Beetroots have a number of properties that support good health and boost natural beauty. They contain vitamin C, manganese, potassium, and iron. These are all vital for skin health, suggests renowned dermatologist Dr Ajay Rana.
- Beetroot is loaded with antioxidants, which help in detoxifying your skin.
- Dark and dry lips are a common beauty problem. Beetroot can give you natural pink and soft lips.
- The blood-purifying and toxin-eliminating properties of beetroots makes it an excellent ingredient for glowing skin.
- Beetroot, which acts as a soothing agent, can help to treat exhausted and dull skin.
- Beetroot can calm itchiness and hydrate the skin, making it look softer, plumper, and younger.
- Using beetroot can control the factor that causes acne breakouts. It removes the excess oil that gets trapped in the pores, thereby giving you acne-free skin.
- Lycopene and squalene present in beetroot increases the skin’s elasticity and prevents sagging skin, thereby giving you younger-looking skin.
- Lastly, it also soothes itching and inflammation around the pimples, because of its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
Here’s how you can prepare your own beetroot-based lip and cheek stain at home
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 small beetroot
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp glycerine
Step 1: Start by peeling a small beetroot and shredding it into a bowl.
Step 2: Now, add the small pieces into the juicer and extract the juice.
Step 3: Strain the juice into a bowl, and add coconut oil and glycerin to it. Stir the concoction well.
Step 4: Transfer this lip stain to a small and clean container, and store it in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. Post that, your tint is ready to use.
Step 5: Now, apply it to your lips. And the colour you’ll get is deep pink.
Here’s the recipe to prepare beetroot tint for your cheeks
Ingredients you’ll need:
- One large beetroot
Step 1: Cut the beetroot into small pieces and dry it in the sun for a day.
Step 2: Next, put those pieces in a blender and grind them into a fine powder. Your natural beetroot blush is ready to use.
Step 3: Place the powder in a flat box and apply with a blush brush, as you normally would for rosy cheeks.
This natural ingredient can give a good healthy glow!