Saggy skin? Use these 5 homemade face masks to tighten your skin
Is your skin getting loose? If yes, kindly note that skin sagging is a natural outcome of ageing and you can not stop it. Does this mean there’s no solution? Fortunately, there are certain home remedies that can help in skin tightening in order to get rid of saggy skin.
Most of the time, we believe that market products are best to treat ageing skin issues; however, chemical free solutions such as home remedies can do wonders for your skin. Before you get down to the natural cures for skin tightening, let’s understand the causes of saggy skin.
What causes saggy skin?
“As we age, loss of collagen under the skin affects its firmness and it appears to be sagging. The sagging skin gives a tired and droopy look to the face,” tells Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, and Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics to HealthShots.
Therefore, in order to keep the skin supple, healthy, and glowing you need to start giving it some tender loving care once you enter your 30s, added Dr Kapoor.
You can easily use some simple homemade skin tightening face masks with ingredients readily available in your pantry to restore the firmness of skin without loading it with harmful chemicals.
Here are some simple yet effective home remedies for skin tightening:
1. Moisturizing banana and milk cream pack
* Take one banana and mash it well
* Add ¼ cup of heavy whipping milk
* Mix well to get a smooth mix and apply and face and neck evenly
* Let it sit for about 15-20 mins and wash with cool water.
Benefits: Banana is an antioxidant and protects the skin from free radicals. It also boosts the skin’s natural elasticity. Use this once every week.
2. Egg white and sugar
* Mix one egg white with 1/8 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tbsp of yogurt. Whip well
* Apply and face and neck
* Let it dry till the skin feels tight.
* Wash with cool water
Benefits: Egg helps in skin tightening by tightening the pores and also reduces pigmentation marks. Use this mask once a week.
3. Cinnamon face pack
* Combine 1 tablespoon of fine ground cinnamon with 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
* Add olive oil and sugar to make a thick paste.
* Scrub your face and neck with it
* Wash with lukewarm water.
Benefits: You can use this once a week and your skin will become firmer and more radiant over time.
4. Oatmeal and besan face mask
* Make a coarse grind of 1 tablespoon of oats
* Add 1 tbsp of besan, 1 teaspoon of honey, and a few drops of rosewater
* Mix well and apply on face and neck and leave it for 10 mins.
* Wash with lukewarm water
Benefits: Oatmeal removes all dirt and debris from the pores and protects the skin from free radicals. You can use this pack once a week.
5. Apple cider pack
* This is the simplest pack to use.
* Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water
* Use a brush to apply this mix on the face and neck avoiding the eyes
* Let it dry naturally before washing
* You can also use this after showering for firming up the skin.
Benefits: Regular facial exercises like yoga also prevent skin sagging. Make sure that you are applying the skin products carefully and massage the skin well.