4 DIY coconut milk hacks to make your hair soft as silk
Hair has been heavily romanticized through popular culture, especially films. Over the years, movies have set a benchmark for ‘ghane and mulayam baal’ – voluminous and silky-soft hair. But it takes more than just wishing for it! You’ve got to take great care and nurture your crowning glory to have long and strong hair. While several products find a place on market shelves, there’s nothing quite like some ‘dadi-nani ke nuskhe’ when it comes to beauty hacks. Using coconut milk for hair health is one such trick! Come, let us find out how to use coconut milk for hair and what are its benefits for hair.
Benefits of coconut milk for hair
Coconut in itself has several health benefits. While the coconut oil has proven benefits for hair health, consuming coconut water is considered really healthy too! And when it comes to coconut milk, wait till you know about its benefits for hair growth.
By nature, coconut milk is a rich fatty acid, giving it a moisturizing property. This empowers it to leave your hair soft and entangled.
Coconut milk is also loaded with vitamins, proteins, zinc and iron. Together, these work on the upkeep of your hair and scalp, as well as promote hair growth.
But how do you really use coconut milk for hair? Come let’s find out!
4 ways to use coconut milk for hair growth
1. Plain coconut milk
* You just need 1/4th cup of coconut milk
* Slightly warm the coconut milk.
* Massage your hair and scalp with the coconut milk for around 15 minutes
* Cover your head with a shower cap.
* After keeping it on for an hour, wash your hair.
2. Coconut milk and yogurt mix
* 5 spoons coconut milk
* 1 spoon curd
* 1/4 spoon camphor powder
* Bring the 3 ingredients together in a mixing bowl
* Apply this mixture well (make sure you follow the roots-to-ends application method)
* Keep it on for an hour, and wash it well with shampoo.
3. Coconut milk and olive oil mix
4 spoons coconut milk
1 spoon of olive oil (know benefits of olive oil for hair)
1 spoon of honey
* Take a bowl with the 3 ingredients added to it
* Make sure you bring it to lukewarm temperature
* Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and hair.
* Wait patiently for an hour
* Wash it with a regular shampoo
4. Coconut milk and honey mask for hair
4 spoons of coconut milk
2 spoons of honey
* Mix the 2 ingredients together
* Massage it well on the scalp and hair strands
* Keep the mix on for 1-2 hours as preferred, and wash it off.