Vitamin C is a nutrient that is a boon for your skin. While there are many skincare products and ingredients available, vitamin C seems to be the darling of all skincare enthusiasts. From giving your skin a natural glow to reducing fine lines and wrinkles, vitamin C may work wonders for your skin. Here are three ways to use vitamin C to brighten your skin.
Health Shots reached out to a skincare expert Rrajesh Bakshi, to find out the benefits of vitamin C for the skin.
Bakshi says, “Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a magical ingredient for the skin. It is a water-soluble nutrient and an antioxidant that fights harmful free radicals, which damage the skin when encountered by external sources like air pollution.” Here’s how it can improve your skin:
1. If you wish to have glowing and radiant skin, use vitamin C. It is known to brighten skin and improve its overall appearance thanks to its antioxidant, anti-ageing, and anti-pigmentation properties.
2. Vitamin C not only improves the texture of your skin, but also offers sun protection. It helps reduce redness, and rashes and soothes skin that is affected by the sun’s rays.
3. Vitamin C is also known for its anti ageing benefits. It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by enhancing collagen production in your body.
4. Hyperpigmentation is caused by increased melanin production. It is not harmful, but it can cause dark spots on your skin. You can reduce dark patches by using vitamin C because it helps inhibit melanin synthesis.
5. The summer sun can dry out your skin, but using vitamin C can help keep it moisturized. It decreases skin dryness and locks moisture into your skin. This will prevent your skin from getting dry and dull.
6. Use a vitamin C-based skin care product or a DIY hack rich in vitamin C if you want tight and firm skin. Vitamin C stimulates collagen and elastin production in your skin, which causes it to become tight and supple.
7. Not many people are aware, but vitamin C is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve inflammation and various other skin conditions, such as acne.
Also read: Can I use vitamin C with any skin care ingredient?
So now you know why vitamin C is a great nutrient for glowing skin! Let’s check out how you can use it.
Bakshi says, “The easiest sources of vitamin C are fruits and vegetables, but that is not the only way to enjoy its great benefits for the skin. When added to skincare products, it is known to have a significant effect on skin health as it is more effective when applied than when consumed.”
So, here are 3 most important ways to use vitamin C to improve your skin.
The best part of vitamin C powder is that you can add it to your skincare routine in several ways. Here’s how to prepare a face mask:
While vitamin C powder is more potent than vitamin C serum, you can still try a serum for added advantages. Here’s how to prepare it:
Apply vitamin C topically in the two ways mentioned above for glowing skin. But include these foods high in vitamin C in your regular diet to give your skin a healthy glow from the inside out.
So ladies, follow these ways to use vitamin C for your skin and see your skin getting clearer and glowing day by day!
Track your Menstrual health using
Healthshots Period tracker