Listen to this article
Like several other celebs, Bollywood beauty Jacqueline Fernandez also swears by some simple kitchen ingredients for picture-perfect skin and hair. We’ve often seen her use honey to moisturize her lips or apply beer for shiny hair, but if there’s one ingredient she just can’t do without, it’s egg whites. Her go-to secret is an egg white mask that she uses to take care of her strands!
In an interview way back in 2011, she had shared, “My hair is my most important asset. It is partly genetic but I do take care of it and am proud that it is in excellent condition.” Now, we know why!
Although egg whites are particularly messy, they work wonderfully well for all hair types. And why is it so? Let’s find out.
Why do egg whites work for your hair?
“Egg whites are packed with proteins and contain essential amino acids that strengthen hair strands. It can help to make your hair more manageable, less frizzy and smooth in the short term, especially due to the effect of protein on the cuticle. However, you might not see long-term results,” shares celebrity dermatologist, Dr Kiran Sethi from Isya Aesthetics, Delhi.
There are some who claim that an egg white hair mask can also cleanse the scalp of excess oils, strengthen hair, and even fight off dandruff. You can use the egg white separately as a mask, or combine it with other powerful ingredients such as coconut oil.
How to make an egg white mask at home
Making an egg white mask at home is super simple. You just need two ingredients: eggs and coconut oil.
1. In a small bowl, separate the whites from the yolks of two eggs.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the egg whites.
3. Whisk the egg whites and oil together.
4. Apply the egg and oil mixture to damp hair. Apply the mixture from hair roots to tips using your fingertips.
6. Comb the mixture through your hair using a wide-toothed comb, so that the mixture is coated on every strand.
7. Let the mixture stay on your hair for about 20 minutes.
8. Shampoo your hair with cool water.
9. Air dry your hair.
Isn’t it really simple? Apply this to your hair and get a lustrous mane, just like Jacqueline Fernandez. We are super excited to try it out, are you? Tell us in the comments below!