We often bombard our hair with different conditioners, hair packs, oils, serums and other home remedies that soften our hair. They also add lustre to our tresses, but we tend to forget the nourishment of the roots, which is very crucial.
There are several practices that can have a negative impact on your hair root. For instance, an aggressive massage can weaken your roots, resulting in excessive hair fall. It could also be applying a conditioner on your scalp, which is to be used only on the tips of the hair. There’s also a myth that shampooing more than thrice a week can damage your hair and so on.
But worry not, instead let’s take a look at a few tips from the ‘hairgrowth queen’ to grow healthy hair:
1. The first thing you should keep in mind is your diet and nutrition. This is the most important tip. We need to treat ourselves internally first to get the best results outside. For this, supplements with the right amount of proteins and vitamins are important. These include eggs, greens, carrots, citrus fruits with vitamin C, nuts and seeds with omega 3 and so on.
2. Next, you must pay attention to your metabolism and hormonal issues. If you have any kind of hormonal issues like thyroid, PCOD etc, make sure you consult your dermatologist, endocrinologist or gynecologist at the right time.
3. You should always study the product before using it. Using any random product without knowing its ingredients can damage your hair. All hair types need a specific ingredient to help in healthy hair growth. It is always better to seek the advice of a dermatologist, and purchase products, according to your hair type.
4. Use the right brushing techniques. Right grooming is one of the most important practices to prevent excess hair fall. For this, a normal comb is not the best option. Instead, using a wide comb will help you untangle your hair easily, without causing much breakage. Also, always make sure to comb your hair at least twice a day.
5. A clean scalp is always pleasant. Shampoo your hair at least twice a week, so that your scalp is clean. This will avoid the chances of any syboria or further issues.
6. Above all, do not stress too much. Stress is one of the biggest reasons for excessive hair loss, and several other issues. Stress causes a lot of catabolism in the body, which degrades the body from a stimulus, which is critical for hair regrowth and also stops the protein to reach the places required.