You can thank WFH for saving your hair! Find out whyPosted on:3 December 2021, 13:11pm IST
The buzzword in life’s new normal is work from home (WFH). Most of us are still working from home these days, after the Covid-19 pandemic transformed the world. Sitting in the same position and looking at the screen can be tiresome, not just mentally, but also physically. But needless to say, there are several advantages when it comes to working from home – from spending quality time with your loved ones to pampering your hair! Yes, you heard it right. WFH is a great opportunity for your hair.
“Due to Covid-19 pandemic, most of us have been sitting in front of our computer screens, with hardly any social interaction, and working from home. Working from home can be very tiring with loads of work pressure and no proper schedule. But working from home is a blessing when it comes to taking care of your skin and hair,” says renowned dermatologist Dr Ajay Rana.
Staying indoors also meant lesser outings, and reduced exposure to styling your hair with a dryer, roller or curler. Isn’t it? These heating machines have the potential to damage your hair. Therefore, it has been quite a happy vacation for your hair!
Now, since you’ve been working from home, chances are your hair health is blooming. Don’t believe us? Read this!
Dr Rana explains that due to work from home, you may notice that your scalp and hair look shinier and healthier than usual. Wonder why it’s happening? Here’s why:
- The main reason for all these hair care benefits due to work from home is that we are no longer attacked by outside pollution, such as exhaust fumes or cigarette smoke.
- Due to work from home, the thin layer of pollution that used to suffocate our hair gradually disappears and leaves the hair shinier.
- Due to work from home, our scalp feels soothed, because, without daily external aggressions, it generates less oxidative stress and inflammation. It speeds up the decontamination of the hair and cleanses it properly. It gives the hair a great breath of oxygen and gently removes all impurities.
Here’s how working from home beneficial for your hair, according to Dr Rana:
- During work from home, you have all the time you want to take care of yourself between meetings. You can pamper your hair.
- While working from home, you can follow the whole hair care ritual. You can do pre-shampoo, shampoo, mask, leave-in treatment and every hair care tip. It’s a wonderful benefit that only working from home can offer you.
- Remaining indoors due to working from home has another benefit – it protects the damage to our hair by the harsh sun.
- To deal with rough, frizzy strands, oiling our hair is as important as shampooing and conditioning. Due to work from home, we can follow these routines and have enough to get naturally dried up and then use the comb gently.
- During this time, blow dry or any other hair styling tools like straightener, curler, gel, setting spray on our hair is strictly avoided. That is very beneficial for the health of your hair. It gives a complete detox to our scalp and hair for a few days during the lockdown.
So you have to thank the pandemic for keeping you away from the pollution and hair machines for all this while, and giving your hair the care and attention it deserves.