Here are 3 easy but effective ways of using almond oil to control hair fallPosted on:22 February 2021, 11:12am IST
Do you remember how much your parents would stress on the importance of eating almonds for a sharp memory and good health? Rich in proteins, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, there’s no doubt that almonds can do wonders for our skin and health. What most people have only recently realised is that almonds can play an extremely important role in hair care, especially when used as an oil.
Made by pressing the nuts, almond oil is a powerful elixir that can be particularly helpful for those who want to combat hair fall, and nourish their roots for improved hair growth. The proteins and vitamin E provide the scalp and hair with all the nourishment that’s needed, while the omega-3 fatty acids ensure the hair stays soft and lustrous.
So, how exactly can you make almond oil a part of your hair routine? Here are three simple ways to use almond oil for beautiful and healthy tresses:
1. Add it to your hair oil
If you’re suffering from hair loss or slow hair growth, you should ideally make head massage a weekly feature of your hair care routine. It will enhance blood circulation in your scalp and over time, this technique will ensure that your hair follicles get strengthened. But, you need to choose the right hair oil to enhance the effect of hair massages.
In fact, almond oil makes for the perfect hair oil, when it comes to tackling hair loss because of its richness in vitamin E. It is a powerful antioxidant and is known to repair damaged hair. In addition, almond oil also contains biotin, which is needed by your hair for healthy growth. Mix it with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and castor oil in order to hydrate your tresses and scalp. Here’s how you can prepare this potent mix:
- Add half a teaspoon of almond oil to two teaspoons of carrier oil, and a teaspoon of castor oil.
- Heat this mix for three to four minutes, before application.
2. Make a hair mask out of it
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein, adding almond oil to your hair masks can leave you with stronger hair that is soft and free of frizz. In addition, both these ingredients can repair the damage your tresses have undergone due to the impact of heating products and pollution. Add it to other powerful ingredients that can help you reduce hair fall. Here’s a great hair mask based in almond oil:
- Crush curry leaves, methi seeds and a banana together. Curry leaves and methi seeds are known to tackle hair fall while bananas can hydrate the hair.
- To this mix, add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of almond oil.
- Apply this on your hair and steam it before washing it with a mild shampoo.
3. Use it as an after-wash serum
We end up exposing our hair to damaging agents like sunlight, pollution and heating products almost on a daily basis. At the same time, we don’t do much to combat or even treat this damage. Well, almond oil can help you with it. If the vitamin E and biotin work towards repairing damage in the form of hair loss and split ends, the natural SPF in almond oil protects your hair against further harm, especially if applied as a serum after washing.
Here’s how you can prepare an almond oil serum:
- Add half a teaspoon of almond oil to two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can add two to three drops of lavender to it.
- Apply it along the length of your hair while it is still wet. Avoid applying it to your scalp because it might make the hair look oily or heavy.
So, ladies, what are you waiting for? Add some almond oil to your hair care routine for strong, lustrous hair!