Whatever your hair concerns are, you can always find a solution at home. In fact, today, a number of brands even offer natural hair care products, and onion is one of the most widely used ingredients. Onion has a plethora of benefits for your locks. It nourishes hair follicles with essential nutrients and improves blood circulation in the scalp, resulting in faster and thicker hair growth. Let us introduce some of the best onion shampoos for adding volume to your hair.
There are multiple benefits of onion for hair! The market is flooded with products ranging from onion oils and onion shampoos. Before you find out the best onion shampoo for your hair, learn why you should try it.
1. Onion shampoos help to control hair fall: Onions are loaded with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help fight against scalp infections and reduce hair fall.
2. They boost hair growth: Onion extract is rich in sulphur which is essential for collagen production—a protein required to stimulate hair growth. It strengthens your hair from the root and boosts blood circulation.
3. They control dandruff: Onion’s antimicrobial properties can help combat dandruff and fungal infections on the scalp. Regular use can lead to a reduction in dandruff and itchiness.
4. Add shine to your hair: Onion shampoo can make your hair shiner, smoother, and more manageable. It also enhances your hair’s natural texture and shine, making it look healthy and beautiful.
5. Prevent hair thinning: Since onion is rich in sulphur, it helps prevent hair issues such as hair breakage and hair thinning. In fact, the antioxidant content may help prevent premature graying of your hair.
Free from harmful sulfates, this Mamaearth shampoo has the goddess of onions and plant keratin. On one hand, onions help reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, and on the other, keratin is gentle on your hair and helps keep it strong, clean, and nourished. However, this shampoo contains sulfur, which helps in strengthening hair follicles and adds a layer of protection, making your hair less prone to breakage.
Kesh King’s organic onion shampoo is enriched with curry leaves, which have been traditionally used in hair care. It can reduce hair fall and boost hair growth while keeping your hair smooth for up to 48 hours. The curry leaves in this shampoo are believed to strengthen hair from the roots and help in maintaining its natural texture. It’s also designed to repair dry and damaged hair, leaving it silky and bouncy.
Plum’s onion and biotin shampoo is sulfate-free and paraben-free, making it a gentle option for those with sensitive scalps. This shampoo contains onion extract, biotin, and D-panthenol, all of which contribute to reduced hair fall and improved scalp health. It’s a gentle formula suitable for most hair types and can reduce hair breakage, a common issue for people experiencing hair fall.
WOW Skin Science’s onion oil shampoo contains red onion seed oil extract and black seed oil, both of which are known to help rejuvenate tired scalps and weak hair. Rich in sulfur, red onion seed oil helps nourish and strengthen hair follicles, while black seed oil is known for its ability to control hair fall and promote hair growth. It is suitable for both men and women. This shampoo also contains pro-vitamin B5 which can improve your overall hair health.
Himalayan Organics offers an onion oil shampoo that is free from parabens and sulfates. This gentle formula can boost fatter and stronger hair growth. If you are experiencing dandruff, this is the best shampoo to get rid of it. Thanks to the presence of onion oil, which also helps minimize scalp itching and scalp infections, What’s more? This shampoo contains the extracts of Bhringraj and argan oil, both known to increase hair growth.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)