3 rock-solid reasons why you must use coconut oil with curry leaves for hairPublished on: 26 December 2020, 12:30 pm IST
Truth be told, there is nothing better than natural ingredients to fix your hair concerns. You see, over time, we all experience common hair problems that can range from hair fall to dandruff. This happens due to the lack of care. Our hair is sensitive, and if we don’t follow a proper hair care routine, the damage becomes visible.
In such a situation, you should ideally avoid anything with chemicals because it can only accelerate the speed of damage. Instead, you should look at natural ingredients that can provide your tresses with the right nourishment, and restore them back to health. When it comes to natural remedies for our hair, the discussion simply wouldn’t be complete without two ingredients: coconut oil and curry leaves.
You see, both the ingredients have been used for generations to ensure healthy hair. When combined together, coconut oil and curry leaves make for an extremely powerful potion that can fix all your hair issues.
See, coconut oil is extremely rich in fatty acids and is easily absorbed by your hair fibre, as well as the scalp. Hence, it deeply moisturises the hair and provides it with the nourishment it needs. What’s more, regular champi with coconut oil can also enhance blood circulation, preventing hair loss. Curry leaves, on the other hand, are rich in antioxidants and proteins that are needed for the healthy growth of hair. Hence, the antioxidants fight damage, while the proteins regulate hair growth.
Here are three common issues that you can solve by using coconut oil and curry leaves for hair:
1. Hair fall
The antioxidants in curry leaves combats the damage that causes hair fall, while coconut oil nourishes your roots and strengthens them. That’s why this combination helps to reduce hair fall.
Coconut oil and curry leaves are both believed to be rich in antifungal properties, which can inhibit the development of dandruff. At times, dandruff can also be caused due to severe dryness. So, both the ingredients can help you deal with the issue of dandruff.
Dull hair is one of the most common problems experienced by people, and it is a sign that our tresses need some serious care. Coconut oil provides the hair with moisturise, while the protein present in curry leaves provides the required nourishment to restore the lustre to your locks.
Here’s how you can prepare and use the coconut oil-curry leaves hair mask:
1. Crush 20 to 25 curry leaves. You can use a blender for it. Add these curry leaves to ½ a cup of coconut oil.
2. Boil this mixture on low heat for a few minutes.
3. Let it cool down. Massage it into your scalp, and apply it along the length of your hair, once it becomes lukewarm.
4. Steam your hair! Doing so will improve absorption and enhance the effects of this potent hair mask. If you don’t have a steamer, you can dip a towel in hot water and tie your hair with it. Cover it with a shower cap to lock the heat. Remove the shower cap and use the towel after 15 minutes.
5. If you have the time, keep this mask on overnight. In case you need to wash your hair the same day, ensure you’ve let the hair mask do its job for at least two hours, before you rinse it out with a gentle shampoo.
Ladies, this coconut oil and curry leaves hair mask can solve any hair trouble! Honestly, your hair will thank you for all this TLC!